What Is the Best Small Electric Motor for Carrying 1000 kg?

• Thread starter Ibrahim Kamal
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the best motor to carry 1000 kg vertically using electricity. The person asking for help wants to lift the load for a certain distance and time, similar to a helicopter. The expert suggests calculating the power and adjusting the motor's diameter to achieve the desired torque and angular velocity. The person expresses doubt about achieving this and the conversation ends with the expert offering a video as an example.
Ibrahim Kamal
Hello
I want to know what is the best motor can carry 1000 kg
And the weight is not large and also small size
And working with electricity, not fuel

Can you help me

Physics news on Phys.org
How do you want to carry 1000 kg? To lift it vertically upward, or horizontally?

I want to rise vertically, but not continue to rise, such as the helicopter
To reach the high fixed

How fast do you need it lifted?

Sorry, I'm not an expert so these things can explain more

any help please Dickfore

Ibrahim Kamal said:
Sorry, I'm not an expert so these things can explain more

Which things?

I want to lift the body off the ground for a distance meter and a 1000 km grams all of this on the air like a helicopter and then be fixed

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by this. What helicopter? What does "distance meter and a 1000 km grams" mean?

Example
To not have a man and weighed 1000 km sitting on a chair and I put motor bottom, bringing the chair to a distance of meters and holds that person

Do you want it to work on this principle (only bigger):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6uP1NwhIu0

Something like this

If the mass of the load is [itex]m[/itex], and it is pulled by a constant speed [itex]v[/itex], then, the power of the motor needs to be at least:
[tex]
P = m \, g \, v
[/tex]
where [itex]g = 9.81 \, \mathrm{m} \, \mathrm{s}^{-2}[/itex] is the acceleration of free fall.

For example, if you want to raise a ton (1000 kg) for 15 m (approximately a five story building) in half a minute (30 seconds), you would need a motor with a power:
[tex]
1000 \, \mathrm{kg} \times 9.81 \mathrm{m} \, \mathrm{s}^{-2} \times \frac{15 \, \mathrm{m}}{30 \, \mathrm{s}} = 4905 \, \mathrm{W} \approx 5 \, \mathrm{kW}
[/tex]

Last edited:
Thank you
i will see it

Then, you need to adjust the diameter [itex]d[/itex] of the head of the motor to the torque it provides:

[tex]
\tau = \frac{m \, g \, d}{2}
[/tex]

The angular velocity (in rpm - rotations per minute) is:
[tex]
n = \frac{60 \, v}{\pi \, d}
[/tex]

wouldn't this kind of hard to achieve?

1. What does it mean to "know better"?

"Knowing better" means having a deeper understanding or knowledge about a particular topic, idea, or concept. It involves being able to think critically and make informed decisions based on evidence and logic.

2. How can I improve my ability to "know better"?

There are several ways to improve your ability to "know better." These include: continuously learning and seeking new information, questioning and evaluating the sources of information, thinking critically and objectively, and being open-minded to new perspectives.

3. Can anyone "know better" or is it reserved for experts?

Anyone can "know better," regardless of their level of expertise. It is a continuous process of learning and understanding, and it is not limited to experts. Everyone has the potential to improve their knowledge and understanding of a topic.

4. How can I apply "knowing better" in my everyday life?

Knowing better can be applied in everyday life by actively seeking information, questioning beliefs and assumptions, and making informed decisions based on evidence and reasoning. It can also help in improving communication and relationships with others by understanding different perspectives.

5. Is "knowing better" a subjective or objective concept?

"Knowing better" can be both subjective and objective. It involves a personal understanding and interpretation of information, but it also requires critical thinking and evaluating evidence objectively. It is important to consider both subjective and objective aspects in order to have a well-rounded understanding of a topic.