1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to learn

1. May 20, 2015 #1
    I'm just curious if anyone would be interested in directing in my physics study or teaching me some physics. School is moving too slow for me. I'm am in the 11th grade and I have not had the option to take a single physics or calculus course. I have had to learn and take notes by scouring the internet. It is not the most efficient way to learn because sometimes I don't understand and I have questions. So I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Why not checkout Khan Academy where you can go at your own pace?

4. May 20, 2015 #3
    Have you considered something like Khan Academy?
    https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics

You can do it entirely at your own pace, which is fun because you can dive deeper into what's interesting. When you do take physics in school, having gone through some of it already will help you master the fundamentals fast so you'll have more time/energy for the really interesting pieces.

You can post questions directly in YouTube, or you could also post your questions here. It may seem inefficient, but making your own notes and developing your own framework of how the concepts tie together is actually a fantastic way to really master the concepts. Most students "get through" a course that's managed for them, but relatively few really understand what they've just learned. Taking and/or making your own notes - and above all learning how you learn - is an essential skill for university and life.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook