What are the best European countries for those who prefer warm weather?

• Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Europe
In summary: I don't think I would enjoy living in Europe because of the high prices and the constant partying. I'm more of a laid back person and I find Europe to be too hectic.I also think the lifestyle in the US is more conducive to productivity. Europeans seem to take their time and enjoy life more.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
It seems like everything is more fun over there!

USA is getting boring T.T

Need to graduate so I can get out of this country

Physics news on Phys.org
Maylis said:
It seems like everything is more fun over there!

Yep, it's a continuous party over here!

Have you done any travel in Europe? For that matter, have you traveled the US extensively?

You should read the economics and politics over here.

Yes, I've traveled in France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, and The Netherlands.

And yes, I was at an international school for over a week in Finland and all the Europeans partied every single day.

I've been around the USA as well, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, Texas, etc. I don't know why, but Europeans just seem to be way more friendly and the lifestyle over there is a lot more laid back.

I had a conversation with a Swiss political columnist when I was in Paris. I know they have some messed up politics. It seems that Brussels is the criminal city of Europe. Sounds like Chicago in the USA haha.

One of my hosts in Paris said not to go to bruxelles because it's a town of criminals with nothing to show. The other German said his rental car was stolen there. But I still want to go. I only got to be in a train station in Belgium, haven't done any extensive traveling there.

Maylis said:
One of my hosts in Paris said not to go to bruxelles because it's a town of criminals with nothing to show.

That's just french people hating on belgium. I'm sure Paris is more dangerous than Brussels.

Ah, Europe. The mythical homegenous political entity, to which all Yanks yearn to return their prodigal genetic material. Here, plumbers are Polish, cars are German, wine is French, gandja is Dutch, and women are bearded. In Europe, parties are wild and not bipartisan. Ruled by the Queen and Silvio Berlusconi from their royal seat in Vatican, the land has enjoyed lasting peace for the past hundreds of years, broken only by minor quarrels of little significance.

By Jove, how boring it is! I want to live in Asia. Everything seems more fun over there.

Well, my next adventure in upcoming months is to Hong Kong, China, and southeast asia =)

I know I have rosy colored vision of my trip to Europe last summer. I do recognize some conveniences that are in the USA that aren't in Europe. Such things include the lack of ice in Europe, paying for water because by default you get mineral water (I spent 20€ in the Netherlands because I thought the 7 waters I drank out of stupid 100 mL cups were free like back home), getting gas water by default unless asking for non-gas, and generally higher prices for everything. Generally smaller living spaces and more cramming...Well, maybe the USA isn't so bad after all, but I still want my rosy colored vision of Europe in my head :D

Last edited:
SteamKing said:
If things get too slow in France, students and immigrants have been known to throw 'bloc' parties, where you can get your car overturned and/or torched. And, from what I hear, anti-semitism is making a comeback on the Continent:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a8ae34-1a71-4f50-893a-9842af51e3ce_story.html

Yep! Europe, it's a laff-a-minute kinda place!

Adios, muchacho!

As far as anti-Semitism in Europe is concerned, it may be worth reading the following counterpoint from the Economist:

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...g-violent-anti-semitism-guns-and-ballot-boxes

SteamKing said:
If things get too slow in France, students and immigrants have been known to throw 'bloc' parties, where you can get your car overturned and/or torched. And, from what I hear, anti-semitism is making a comeback on the Continent:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a8ae34-1a71-4f50-893a-9842af51e3ce_story.html

Yep! Europe, it's a laff-a-minute kinda place!

Adios, muchacho!

yeah, but you get your manual transmission car overturned :tongue:

Maylis said:
yeah, but you get your manual transmission car overturned :tongue:

...by thugs who appreciate good wine and cheese!

lisab said:
...by thugs who appreciate good wine and cheese!
Well, actually IIRC, they were in poor immigrant neighborhoods. Not necessarily French.

I know people fed with Europe and thinking about moving to US.

You can't have everyone happy.

There are always some who insist upon the right to complain. Even if it's only to complain about the lack of things to complain about. Even heaven had dissent.

Maylis said:
Yes, I've traveled in France ... I don't know why, but Europeans just seem to be way more friendly

Sorry, there's a contradiction here...

and the lifestyle over there is a lot more laid back.

Might it be that you were on vacation? That'll make most places seem better.

To a lot of people, it is better somewhere else. Here in the UK, people think the USA is awesome and so on. However, as much as it may not be true, moving somewhere away may make said person happier not because the country is better but because it is different. I think saying you want to move to Europe is very vague though. If I wanted to move anywhere else in Europe it would probably be Germany or Switzerland. I think Spain and Greece have too many issues economically, or so I've read.

tridianprime said:
To a lot of people, it is better somewhere else. Here in the UK, people think the USA is awesome and so on. However, as much as it may not be true, moving somewhere away may make said person happier not because the country is better but because it is different. I think saying you want to move to Europe is very vague though. If I wanted to move anywhere else in Europe it would probably be Germany or Switzerland. I think Spain and Greece have too many issues economically, or so I've read.

Greece is meant to be recovering now, and Spain's economy is too dependent upon tourism.

Maylis said:
One of my hosts in Paris said not to go to bruxelles because it's a town of criminals with nothing to show.

Nothing to show? There's a famous statue of a boy taking a pee! What more do you want?!?

Maylis said:
One of my hosts in Paris said not to go to Bruxelles because it's a town of criminals with nothing to show.

That all started with the European parliament.
Also I don't think there's too much trouble except in some bad parts. But hey France has some good parts, just as Brussels has some bad parts :-)

Also in rural areas it's quite nice. I don't like cities in general.

Last tip; don't rely on the Belgian railway organisation. They are on time once every 5 years.

I learned trains in Europe are infamous for not being on time. My train connection was an hour late so I missed my train to Stuttgart from Paris. I was happy with the SNCF as they put me in a hotel in Paris for the night :)

May I ask because I was never really satisfied with any answer given, what is up with the total lack of ice in Europe? Not one restaurant puts ice in your water!

Maylis said:
I learned trains in Europe are infamous for not being on time. My train connection was an hour late so I missed my train to Stuttgart from Paris. I was happy with the SNCF as they put me in a hotel in Paris for the night :)

May I ask because I was never really satisfied with any answer given, what is up with the total lack of ice in Europe? Not one restaurant puts ice in your water!

Compared to what though? I don't think there is a massive issue and I imagine it's about the same as the USA. I think most trains aren't great unless you're in Japan.

All in all, I don't think they are particularly bad or any worse than most places.

Disclaimer: I could of course be completely wrong because I have only ever been to western Europe and not Scandinavia or Eastern Europe.

As of today, don't try train in Poland. They are getting worse with each passing year.

But the idea of "trains in Europe" doesn't make much sense. Each country is different.

The trains in Italy are really good, and I've never noticed the lack of ice in water thing?

Trains in England are pretty much always on time, unless there's some sort of accident which I suppose isn't that rare, but they cost an absolute bomb. Every year prices go up ahead of inflation.

True. My experience was Germans telling me the German trains are more often late than not. My French train experience was only my own.

Maylis said:
My experience was Germans telling me the German trains are more often late than not.

Funny thing - punctuality of German trains is proverbial in Poland.

Ryan_m_b said:
Trains in England are pretty much always on time, unless there's some sort of accident which I suppose isn't that rare, but they cost an absolute bomb. Every year prices go up ahead of inflation.

That's privatisation for you.

tridianprime said:
I think most trains aren't great unless you're in Japan.

Heh, I thought you were being sarcastic and I was expecting this clip in your link;

Last edited by a moderator:
ModusPwnd said:
Heh, I thought you were being sarcastic and I was expecting this clip in your link;

That only applies to subways during rush hour in Japan, and it has always been this way for the past 40 years!

Non-rush hour subways and the bullet trains of Japan are nowhere this congested. And people are right to say that the bullet trains are rarely if ever late except on truly exceptional circumstances, possibly due to the various advanced technologies that are incorporated into the bullet train rail system, including the use of fuzzy logic and others (I am not an expert on the Japanese rail system, so I'm merely speculating here; others can weigh in on this).

Last edited by a moderator:
Maylis said:
I don't know why, but Europeans just seem to be way more friendly and the lifestyle over there is a lot more laid back.
Absolutely right! Feel welcome to live here! :approve:
And who needs ice anyway: who enjoys watered down drinks? Just take a drink from the refrigerator and you'll be fine.

Ryan_m_b said:
My Dutch €1,70 train ticket went up in price to €25,00 :eek: Their rational: now you can use it the whole day to travel the whole country! *I don't want that!* :rolleyes: oh well, at least the trains are on time most of the time.

I got burned in the Netherlands because that's when I learned that water out of a glass isn't free. A lot of those amenities I would miss if I did go. Well if I had to choose a country I might go with Switzerland since they are neutral and seem cool. But I'm open to any of the northern ones, just not the Mediterranean or ones too close to North Africa, it's too hot

Maylis said:
I got burned in the Netherlands because that's when I learned that water out of a glass isn't free. A lot of those amenities I would miss if I did go. Well if I had to choose a country I might go with Switzerland since they are neutral and seem cool. But I'm open to any of the northern ones, just not the Mediterranean or ones too close to North Africa, it's too hot

For some reason, this made me think of a song...

It's like a dream, you try to remember but it's gone, then ya
Try to scream but it only comes out as a yawn, when ya
Try to see the world beyond your front door...

...I could leave but I'll just stay
All my stuff's here anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3NE6UuaLiY

(Barenaked Ladies, Pinch Me)

Maylis, what are you looking for -- really?

<h2>1. What are the top European countries for warm weather?</h2><p>The top European countries for warm weather are Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Cyprus. These countries have mild winters and hot summers, making them ideal for those who prefer warm weather.</p><h2>2. Are there any European countries with warm weather all year round?</h2><p>Yes, there are a few European countries with warm weather all year round. These include Malta, Cyprus, and parts of southern Spain and Greece. However, even in these countries, there may be some variation in temperature between seasons.</p><h2>3. What is the warmest country in Europe?</h2><p>The warmest country in Europe is Malta, with an average temperature of 73°F (23°C) in the summer months. Other warm countries in Europe include Cyprus, southern Spain, and parts of Greece and Portugal.</p><h2>4. Do any European countries have beaches with warm water?</h2><p>Yes, there are several European countries with beaches and warm water. Some popular destinations for warm water beaches include the Algarve region in Portugal, the Greek islands, and the Costa del Sol in Spain.</p><h2>5. Are there any European countries with warm weather that are also affordable?</h2><p>Yes, there are many European countries with warm weather that are also affordable. Some examples include Bulgaria, Croatia, and Turkey. These countries offer lower costs of living and travel compared to other European countries, making them great options for those on a budget.</p>

1. What are the top European countries for warm weather?

The top European countries for warm weather are Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Cyprus. These countries have mild winters and hot summers, making them ideal for those who prefer warm weather.

2. Are there any European countries with warm weather all year round?

Yes, there are a few European countries with warm weather all year round. These include Malta, Cyprus, and parts of southern Spain and Greece. However, even in these countries, there may be some variation in temperature between seasons.

3. What is the warmest country in Europe?

The warmest country in Europe is Malta, with an average temperature of 73°F (23°C) in the summer months. Other warm countries in Europe include Cyprus, southern Spain, and parts of Greece and Portugal.

4. Do any European countries have beaches with warm water?

Yes, there are several European countries with beaches and warm water. Some popular destinations for warm water beaches include the Algarve region in Portugal, the Greek islands, and the Costa del Sol in Spain.

5. Are there any European countries with warm weather that are also affordable?

Yes, there are many European countries with warm weather that are also affordable. Some examples include Bulgaria, Croatia, and Turkey. These countries offer lower costs of living and travel compared to other European countries, making them great options for those on a budget.