How can I get my scientific book published?

• Thread starter cosmology
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation was about the need for help in contacting a publisher for a book on quantum field theory and fundamental interactions. The response provided links to resources and tips for getting a literary agent and publishing a popular science book. The speaker also wished the person luck in their publishing venture.
cosmology
i will finish my book <the mathematical companion to quantum field theory and fundmental interactiond>,someone can help me contact a publisher to publish this book?

Physics news on Phys.org
While we here at PF are not qualified to handle publishing questions, some searches online provided these links which show the steps and the need to get a literary agent:

This video describes the experience and strategies one prof took to get his work published:

and these two references describe the steps you need to take in this most serious venture:

https://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005808

https://scicomm.plos.org/2019/08/27...ree major ways,or with a commercial publisher.

Good luck with your venture!

I hope these references help you succeed, it can be a rough ride from what I've read.

Jedi

Likes russ_watters

1. What are the steps to publishing a book?

The steps to publishing a book typically include: writing and editing your manuscript, finding a literary agent or publisher, submitting your manuscript for review, negotiating a publishing contract, and completing the editing and design process before your book is released.

2. How do I find a literary agent or publisher?

You can find literary agents and publishers by researching online, attending writing conferences and networking events, and submitting your manuscript to publishing houses that accept unsolicited submissions. It's important to do your research and make sure the agent or publisher is reputable and a good fit for your book.

3. What are the advantages of self-publishing vs. traditional publishing?

Self-publishing allows for more control and a higher percentage of royalties, but also requires more work and investment on the author's part. Traditional publishing offers more support and resources, but also involves giving up some control and a lower percentage of royalties.

4. How long does the publishing process typically take?

The publishing process can vary greatly depending on the route you choose and the specific timeline of each step. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-2 years for a book to be published through traditional publishing, and 3-6 months for self-publishing.

5. Do I need to have a finished manuscript before seeking a publisher or agent?

For traditional publishing, it is recommended to have a completed manuscript before submitting to agents or publishers. However, for self-publishing, you can submit a proposal or unfinished manuscript to get feedback and secure a publishing contract before completing the writing process.