Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to thank everyone

1. Dec 10, 2008 #1
    I am a 1st year physics major and just found this place and love it for a lot of reasons, but I want to thank the people in the homework help section. I have only asked one question but got great prompt prodding to help me see where I was messing up, the biggest help has just been taking the time to type in the problem I have started to ask questions 6 times and 5 of those times by trying to format my equations and type in all my variables I have seen for my self the error of my math. It is also great reading some other peoples problems, like most of my math professors say "don't be scared to ask a question if you have it there is a good chance someone else dose to"
    So anyway thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2008 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The homework helpers here put a lot of time into volunteering in the Homework forums, and it really makes a difference. It's nice to have a student realize this and say thanks. So, thank you for saying thanks! Even though I haven't had time to be around as much as some other helpers recently, I'll speak for them and say "Glad we could help!":smile:

Anyway, please stick around and continue asking questions and learning physics. Also, if there is a problem someone posted that you feel you can help with, feel free to help. This is the best way you can thank those who helped you. We need as many people helping as possible in the HH forums.

4. Dec 11, 2008 #3

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's good to hear. Some people just delete or ignore that homework template. I like to respond to them with something more than "that's against the rules", so hearing that you can sometimes actually solve the problem by writing down the equations and attempting the solution is good information to pass on.

p.s. Welcome to PF harvellt :smile:

5. Dec 13, 2008 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm sure that the HH's will all be very happy to hear how much they've helped.

Always so nice to hear that the forum has helped!

6. Dec 13, 2008 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Not to mention fact, that helping others you can get much deeper understanding of the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?