1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to use prtScrn key in Dos mode, and get a black screen output. Help please !

1. Nov 20, 2007 #1
    Hi

When I go in Dos fullscreen mode, and press prtScrn, the output I get in Word is not an image. Whatever text was on the screen, appears as a text, and not in any image form. Also, no colours (which were present in the exe file which I ran in dos mode) appeared.

Can't I get the same output in Dos mode as I do in Window mode? Help Please!

Warm regards
    Mr V

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2007 #2

stewartcs

Science Advisor

I've noticed the same problem when I'm watching a DVD on my laptop and then do a print screen and try to paste it somewhere.

4. Nov 27, 2007 #3
    In the old days the print screen button would send an image to the printer to be printed, not copied to memory.

5. Nov 27, 2007 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Have you tried alt-prtscr ?

I just pasted the dos command box into word with that key combination.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?