take a look at that thread started by i think moonbear on careers in biology. I don't know which subforum its in...but its there somehwere. There were a couple of people who studied the brain but i can't recall if any of them were actually neurologists(though i don't know if you call people who study animal brains that).
Typically the term "neurologist" is used by the medical field, while "neuroscientist" is used more in the scientific research realm, however the terms are not necessarily mutually exclusive. There are several people here with neuroscience backgrounds, so check the sticky thread on area of expertise and if you want more specifics, post a question.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving