Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I was tortured

1. Oct 20, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/arar/arar_statement.html

Who here supports a government that would do this to an innocent man?

John McCain once said that what got him and his fellow POWs through their ordeal in Vietnam was knowing that we don't torture - knowing that we are better than them.

So much for that theory. We have sunk to the level of the enemy.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

His story and others have been featured on Democracy Now! - perhaps the only news organization in the country with the guts to tell the truth about the shameful tactics of this administration and the lackies who do their bidding. Every person in the chain of custody of this innocent man bears responsibility for his torture, even if they did not participate in the beatings.

http://www.democracynow.org/

4. Oct 20, 2007 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There have been at least a dozen of these stories that have come out over the last half year or so. I think I came across many of them on democracynow.

5. Oct 20, 2007 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who should be charged with war crimes? It is well established that those who participate in, as well as those who order such acts, are guilty of war crimes.

6. Oct 20, 2007 #5

turbo

Gold Member

The charges for these crimes should be levied against all that abetted them, including appointees in our government who allowed such treatment to be deemed "legal" and elected officials that ratified such rulings.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?