1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I wish I can work in Minneapolis

1. Jul 23, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone, I am a student in Electrical Enigneering at Iowa State University. I'm in my senior year I have about 3 semsters left(Yes I know im a super senior). My area of concentration within my degree is not very clear yet. I am interested in Power Electronics and Electromagnetics. I wish to work as an Electrical Engineer in Minneapolis, it has always been my dream.

I wish to ask for advice to anybody who is an engineer or lives in Minneapolis that knows anybody working as an Electrical Engineer in Minneapolis. My interest is clear I want to work in any industry as long as I am hired as an Electrical Engineer. Also I would like to add that I havent had the pleasure to be in an internship.

1. What companies are my best bet?

2. Should I first go for an internship/ co-op? I accept any comments on this one.

3. What do they usually look for upon a newly graduate?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to read any advice or comment and also thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. This is very important.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted