Anybody got $35 million they don't need?

• Thread starter selfAdjoint
  • Start date
In summary, the scientists are not sensible, and they would not be able to afford to go into space if they were sensible.
Physics news on Phys.org
Sure, I'll call my friend Bill.

Wholly crap. Even if I had the money, I still don't think I could do it through the Russians.

Catch Osama. I am sure you would get enough money to do the spacewalk at least 10 times.

Hmmm...15 million to you to a rope and push you out into space? Nah, I don't think it's worth it. :rolleyes:

It might be worth it to send Yomamma.

Do we really need the rope? :biggrin:

Have penguins been to space before? :biggrin: :P

Wait a few years, the price will drop. Richard Branson {Virgin} is building a space port in New Mexico. First flights out in ,'08 or '09.

And i thought you scientific types were sensible, first Ivan now SA :uhh:
what is going on here, 35 mill? anyone willing to spend that much must have
a screw loose :biggrin:

wolram said:

or too tight :biggrin:

Well crud, I can't seem to talk Tsu into this one.

I was hoping for a group discount... :biggrin:

wolram said:

Sensible :bugeye: Good gods man, we work in universities!

Scientists are NOT sensible. If we were, we would have been bussiness majors. No expense or effort is to great to tap into that great spirit of discovery. Which going into space really does well.

Dimitri Terryn said:
Sensible :bugeye: Good gods man, we work in universities!

Scientists are NOT sensible. If we were, we would have been bussiness majors. No expense or effort is to great to tap into that great spirit of discovery. Which going into space really does well.

Well i could never go back to wearing nappies :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of asking for $35 million?

The purpose of asking for $35 million is to fund a scientific research project or experiment. This amount of money is often needed for large-scale studies or projects that require specialized equipment, materials, or personnel.

2. Who is asking for $35 million?

The individual or organization asking for $35 million could be a scientist, research institution, or a team of researchers. They would typically have a background in a specific field of science and a well-developed research proposal.

3. What type of research could be funded with $35 million?

There are many different types of research that could be funded with $35 million. Some examples include medical research for finding cures for diseases, environmental research for studying climate change, or space exploration research for advancing our understanding of the universe.

4. How will the $35 million be used?

The $35 million would be used to cover various expenses related to the research project. This could include salaries for researchers and support staff, equipment and materials, travel costs, and any other necessary expenses related to the research.

5. Is it common for scientists to ask for large sums of money for research?

Yes, it is common for scientists to request large sums of money for research. Many scientific breakthroughs and advancements have been made possible through funding from governments, organizations, and individuals who recognize the importance of scientific research.