I won funniest member in 2004?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: I mean, they are really old. I'm not that old. In summary, The conversation covers a variety of topics including someone's wife searching for Tribdog on the internet, the old members of the group, and the passing of some members. It is mentioned that some old members are still around, but not as active, while others have moved on with life outside of PF. The conversation ends with a comment about being old and the natural progression of aging.
tribdog
Why didn't anyone tell me?

• Haha
Likes mcastillo356, Hamiltonian and Mondayman
Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I'm pretty sure we did. Long time, no see/her, td!

Likes tribdog
Was I listening?

tribdog said:
Was I listening?
Maybe, but not paying attention. You'd have to ask Evo.

Astronuc said:
I'm pretty sure we did. Long time, no see/her, td!
My wife just started searching tribdog on the internet. I asked her not to, but she doesn't listen to me. Everyone who knows me please zip it!

• Haha
Likes phinds and Astronuc
Astronuc said:
Maybe, but not paying attention. You'd have to ask Evo.
Wow. How many of the old group are still here?

tribdog said:
Wow. How many of the old group are still here?
Hard to say. Some are still around, but not as active. Others have moved on with life outside of PF. A few old timers have passed away. :frown:

tribdog said:
Everyone who knows me please zip it!
Ah, the stories that could be told. :oldtongue:

Likes tribdog
Astronuc said:
Hard to say. Some are still around, but not as active. Others have moved on with life outside of PF.
At our age they may have really moved on. :(

tribdog said:
At our age they may have really moved on. :(
That was a horrible thing to say. Sorry. Remember how young we were when this started?

tribdog said:
Making a last minute effort to win Funniest Member of 2021?

(Good to see you back) :smile:

• Haha
Likes collinsmark and Hamiltonian
Wow, blast from the past.

Who's next? LisaB, MIH, Moonie, turbo?

Likes collinsmark, tribdog and berkeman
tribdog said:
That was a horrible thing to say.
Not really. It was a natural thing to say. One of thing things you notice most about being old is how weird it feels to be the same age as all those OLD people.

• Haha
Likes weirdoguy, Astronuc and Keith_McClary

1. What factors determine the winner of "funniest member" in 2004?

The winner of "funniest member" in 2004 was determined by a combination of factors, including overall humor and wit, contributions to online forums or communities, and votes from peers or judges.

2. Can you explain the significance of winning "funniest member" in 2004?

Winning "funniest member" in 2004 was a recognition of one's humor and ability to make others laugh in an online setting. It could also lead to increased popularity and respect within the online community.

3. Was there any criteria or guidelines for the "funniest member" award in 2004?

The criteria for the "funniest member" award in 2004 may have varied depending on the specific online community or platform, but generally it was based on the individual's sense of humor and ability to make others laugh.

4. Who was responsible for choosing the winner of "funniest member" in 2004?

The winner of "funniest member" in 2004 was typically chosen by a combination of community votes and/or a panel of judges selected by the hosting platform or organization.

5. Can the winner of "funniest member" in 2004 still hold that title today?

It is unlikely that the winner of "funniest member" in 2004 would still hold that title today, as online communities and platforms have evolved and new members have likely emerged with their own sense of humor and wit. However, the winner may still be remembered and recognized for their achievement in 2004.