I won (update from a year ago)

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, Monique was unfairly rejected for a grant application a year ago. However, after a struggle, the decision was made that the grant would be awarded. Monique's supervisor found out she was one of the best interviews and so she is happy.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I won! (update from a year ago)

Remember, a year ago I was unfairly rejected for a grant application?

It appeared my career would be over, indeed I even started getting news that I was kicked out of programs that I was already accepted to. I appealed the decision, was shocked by some appalling statements in my dossier, a respected committee sided with me in a hearing and apologies were made at that stage. Two independent experts evaluated the case and couldn't find any reason why the application would be eligible for rejection.

After a struggle of 9 months the decision now has been made that the grant will be awarded :smile: My supervisor found out I was among the 2–3 best interviews and so I think I can be happy/proud that there has been justice.

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats Monique! :D

The only thing I find hard to believe is that it's been a year since the incident. T_T

Congratulations!
Hope you'd have to work less now...

Congrats!

Congrats, Monique. That was a tough struggle.

Fantastic that it worked out; shameful that it took so much time and stress to make it work out.

Well done, Monique!

Zz.

Good news! Congrats :smile:.

Good news Monique. :thumbs:

I'm so proud of you! You knew it was wrong and you stood up to them. I am so glad that the people involved in the appeal were honest.

Congratulations!

This is great news, Monique. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations!

Congrats, Monique!

Congratulations. The deserving always get their reward in the end.

Curious3141 said:
The deserving always get their reward in the end.

Sounds too good to be true.

Thanks all, goes to show you should never let your head down even if the going gets tough. All the new opportunities, this is great!

Sad that you had to fight for this and it took that long but super duper happy for you that you got it!

celebrate2_zps25f069c7.gif

Borek said:
Sounds too good to be true.

It is, but it's just one of those platitudes. At any rate, I'm glad Monique got hers.

What does "I won (update from a year ago)" mean?

"I won (update from a year ago)" refers to someone winning something or achieving something that they had previously updated about a year ago.

What could be an update from a year ago that someone won?

An update from a year ago could be a competition, a sports game, an election, or any other event where a person or team could emerge as a winner.

How do you know if someone actually won something from a year ago?

This phrase is usually used as a figure of speech or a way to express a past accomplishment. However, the only way to know for sure if someone won something from a year ago is to ask them directly or look for evidence such as news articles or social media posts.

Why do people use this phrase "I won (update from a year ago)"?

People may use this phrase to show excitement or pride in their past achievements. It can also be used as a way to reflect on how much has changed in a year and to acknowledge one's growth and progress.

Is there a specific context or situation where this phrase is commonly used?

This phrase can be used in various contexts and situations, but it is commonly used in conversations or social media posts where people share updates about their lives or accomplishments from a year ago.