No Electrons, No Forces: What's the Result?

In summary, the conversation discusses the forces between atoms and what would happen if an atom had no electrons. The possibility of an atom without electrons is mentioned, as well as the concept of charge and the four states of matter. The conversation also briefly touches on nuclear physics and the interactions between positively charged atoms. The term "ion" is eventually brought up as the simplest explanation for the interaction between atoms without electrons.
dadnaya
Well, when 2 atoms get close, we don't feel the touch between them but the forces between electrons. So what will happen if there's atom with no electrons, so any other atom with electrons will be able to really "touch" it( because there would be no force between electrons). What will happen then?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What is an atom without electrons?

Borek said:
What is an atom without electrons?
Atom that has no electrons, let's say the H will "give" the 1 he has, will he stay with no electrons I guess?

Charge?

Borek said:
Charge?
Is it possible for an atom to have no electrons?

Yes. Borek wants you to mention ( or look up) "states of matter". There are four. He does not want solid, liquid, or gas, so it must be ______

What would happen if you tried to force two atoms together, each of which was positively charged?

An atom with no electrons is called a 'nucleus'. What can happen when you force two together is a large part of nuclear physics which relieves us here of a duty to respond because this is the wrong forum. :D
One thing I know can happen is they just bounce off each other. If I am not mistaken for more complicated things to happen the collisions have to be at such high energies that it doesn't matter whether the electrons of an atom are there or not. So the question might be put in another forum, but I don't think there is a very brief answer.

So far nobody used word I was hoping for - ion. Ions are charged. Ions made by stripping electrons from the neutral atoms are positive. That points to the simplest possible answer about how they will interact. I doubt OP wanted anything more elaborate.

1. What is the concept behind "No Electrons, No Forces: What's the Result?"

The concept behind "No Electrons, No Forces: What's the Result?" is that electrons are the carriers of electrical charge, and without them, there would be no forces of attraction or repulsion between particles. This would result in a lack of interactions and ultimately a different physical reality.

2. How does the absence of electrons affect the behavior of matter?

The absence of electrons would drastically affect the behavior of matter. Without the forces between particles, matter would not be held together and would instead disintegrate into its individual components. This would result in a world without solid objects or stable structures.

3. Is it possible for there to be a world without electrons?

No, it is not possible for there to be a world without electrons. Electrons are fundamental particles that make up all matter, and their absence would result in a completely different physical reality. Additionally, electrons are constantly being created and destroyed in the universe, so the complete absence of electrons is not feasible.

4. How do forces play a role in the existence of electrons?

Forces play a crucial role in the existence of electrons. The forces of attraction and repulsion between particles allow electrons to be held in orbit around the nucleus of an atom, creating stable atoms and molecules. Without these forces, electrons would not be able to exist in a stable form.

5. What are the implications of "No Electrons, No Forces: What's the Result?" in the study of physics?

The implications of "No Electrons, No Forces: What's the Result?" in the study of physics are significant. It highlights the fundamental role that electrons and forces play in our understanding of the physical world. By understanding the importance of these concepts, we can make advancements in fields such as quantum mechanics, chemistry, and materials science.