How Accurate is the Calculated Inductance of 74mH in a Series RL Circuit?

• Thread starter snipaj9696
  • Start date
In summary, "verify" in this context means to confirm or double check the accuracy or truthfulness of something. It is important to verify answers to ensure their correctness and prevent potential errors and misinformation. This can be done by cross-referencing with credible sources or conducting experiments and research. If conflicting information is found, it is important to critically evaluate sources and evidence and consult with experts. It is necessary to verify all answers, even if they seem obvious, in order to maintain the accuracy and credibility of the information.
snipaj9696
I would like to verify these answers please..

What is the inductance of a series RL circuit in which R=1.0 K ohms if the current increases to 1/3 of it's final value in 30 Ms (M is the greek symbol Mu).

Is the answer 30 (none of these) or is it 74mH?? I calculated 74mH

i(t) = I (1-1/e^t/τ)

given i(t) = 1/3*I and t =30uS and τ =L/R

so,,substitutin these values

we get t/τ = 0.41

30*10^-6 / τ = 0.41

τ ˜ 74 μ sec

L/R ˜ 74usec

R = 1K

so,,L ˜74mH

The choices for answers are.

1.) 49
2.) none of these
3.) 99
4.)74
5.) 62

thankyou!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I get 74mH too.

I would like to verify these answers as well. Based on your calculations, it seems that the correct answer is 74mH. However, it is always important to double check calculations and consider any potential sources of error. I would recommend checking your calculations and possibly consulting with a colleague or referring to a reliable source to confirm the answer. It is also important to consider the units and ensure they are consistent throughout the calculations. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

1. What does "verify" mean in this context?

To verify means to confirm or double check the accuracy or truthfulness of something.

2. Why is it important to verify answers?

Verifying answers is important to ensure that the information presented is correct and reliable. It helps to prevent potential errors and misinformation.

3. How can I verify answers?

One way to verify answers is to cross-reference them with other credible sources of information. You can also conduct experiments or research to confirm the validity of the answers.

4. What if I find conflicting information while verifying answers?

If you encounter conflicting information while verifying answers, it is important to critically evaluate the sources and evidence supporting each answer. You may also need to consult with experts in the field for further clarification.

5. Is it necessary to verify all answers, even if they seem obvious?

Yes, it is always important to verify all answers, even if they seem obvious. This helps to maintain the accuracy and credibility of the information being presented.