1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IB Extended Essay In Physics

1. May 3, 2016 #1

Pau

Hi everyone, I hope this is the correct place to post this thread. So, i'm in a school that takes part in the IB diploma which is basically an internationally recognized diploma that lets students have a wide range of possible universities when they leave high school. One of the requirements for graduation is the production of a 4000 word "extended essay" which in my case would essentially be a super lab that I get to choose. I essentially have to explore some element of physics through the use of a question which i have to answer. Something along the lines of "How do pH level variations affect bacterial populations in a fish tank". (I don't take biology so im no expert at their questions). Anyhow, I came across the idea to investigate hot spots in microwaves. My question was going to be "How does positioning of food in three dimensions within a microwave affect the temperature rise of the food?"

What do you guys think? Im really worried about having a solid experiment to pursue. I'm not asking for a free ticket here; I take pride in depending on myself for most things, but I really need confirmation to make sure that I'm not digging my own grave here :/. Thanks! All responses are appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted