1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IB Film Studies = weak?

1. Aug 10, 2008 #1
    Hey, i'm going into my senior year of high school and am applying to some prestigious engineering schools namely berkeley =/ and am concerned about my senior year schedule. it is as follows:

IB English II
    IB Spanish 6
    IB European History II
    IB Physics II
    TOK/ ? (Maybe law or some history class)
    AP Computer Science
    IB Film Studies (?)

I can't take MV calc because it conflicts with Spanish which is an IB requirement, but i am taking the equivalent at Montgomery College (local community college). I dont want to take some especially hard class because i think it would be overkill but the above schedule doesnt look like one of an engineering major... all there is is physics and comp sci..

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2008 #2
    What about that would look weak? Are you going for an IB diploma (in which case TOK is required, unless things have changed a lot) or the certificate route?

Looks like a fine schedule to me.

4. Aug 11, 2008 #3
    That schedule doesn't look like that of an engineer. It looks like that of a high-school student, which is what you are.

Don't sweat it. What you're taking now barely scratches the surface of physics or computer science anyway, so it doesn't matter.

5. Aug 11, 2008 #4
    thanks. i'm going to finalize with my counselor today and i just needed reassurance that i wasn't doing anything stupid.
    yeah, im a diploma candidate

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?