Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ice Age

1. Jun 21, 2005 #1
    If Ice Age suddenly come back, What will people do?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Can you say "Mexico"?
  4. Jun 21, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What, you mean at the cinema?

I reckon everyone will go and see it again, and a massive argument will break loose over whether or not Toy Story was better. Then, everyone will start up the quotes, like "Kar-ll, he's eating our salad!" and "Woo! Who's up for round two?!", not to mention "MOVE YOUR ISSUES OFF THE ROAD!" and "Ooh, what's this, pine cone!".
  5. Jun 21, 2005 #4
    Ah no. I mean in real world.
    Is there any known disaster management on ice age?
  6. Jun 21, 2005 #5
    Maybe if we're lucky it would cancel out global warming perfectly and nothing would change...
  7. Jun 21, 2005 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

People would move toward the equator, crank up the heat, look for ways to fight back glaciers, and deal with the social problems (overcrowding, food shortages). Probable population decline.
  8. Jun 21, 2005 #7

Science Advisor

Ice age = spring time in Michigan. I doubt we'd notice a difference.
  9. Jun 21, 2005 #8
    Get a nice new jumper.. and perhaps a hat.
    Then I'd spend my spare time sending snotty letters to Greenpeace activists and all the other treehuggers who went on and on about global warming saying:
    "Ha! So what do you say now smartarse?"

10. Jun 21, 2005 #9
    Ha-ha! But we're rather far from a new ice age, and global warming is a problem.
  11. Jun 21, 2005 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

First they'd complain a bit about being cold, then complain a lot about being cold, shiver somewhat uncontrollably, and eventually die of cold-exposure. What else? :rolleyes: :tongue: Oh, and parents could no longer use the old complaint, "What are you trying to do, heat the entire outdoors?" when their kids left the door open in winter; "Yes" would be a reasonable answer. :rofl:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?