Door Code Locked Out: What to Do?

• Thread starter quantim
  • Start date
In summary, The door code is a sequence of numbers, with the exact number of digits unknown. The series is referenced with an unknown number, and the fine print underneath it is unreadable. It may reveal the number of digits needed for the code. Additionally, the posts should not be removed after receiving replies.
quantim
What the heck is the door code?

attachment.php?attachmentid=53382&stc=1&d=1353982142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
2718281828 - Not sure how many digits it actually takes, but however many, they come from this sequence.

The series -- you should know that on sight.

The fine print underneath the series is unreadable. It looks like "Where x is ...", but I can't read the "...".

Ah, never mind. Didn't read the fine print. Well, I suppose, I couldn't have read the fine print, but DH's guess seems right.

K^2 said:
2718281828 - Not sure how many digits it actually takes, but however many, they come from this sequence.
You are assuming x=1 here. If the first line of text is, for example, "Where x=1.000", that tells an engineer how many digits it actually does take.

D H said:
The series -- you should know that on sight.

The fine print underneath the series is unreadable. It looks like "Where x is ...", but I can't read the "...".

Am I embarrassed for not recognizing it? Let me know. ;/

quantim said:
Am I embarrassed for not recognizing it? Let me know. ;/
Yes, you are. Or you should be.

quantim said:
What the heck is the door code?

attachment.php?attachmentid=53382&stc=1&d=1353982142.jpg

Please do not remove your posts once it has received replies.

Attachments

• 526182_499989623355387_1859238220_n.jpg
    526182_499989623355387_1859238220_n.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 476
"Rounded to the nearest..."

1. What should I do if I am locked out of a door with a code?

If you are locked out of a door with a code, the first thing you should do is double check that you are entering the correct code. If you are sure the code is correct and you are still unable to enter, try resetting the code or contacting the owner or administrator of the door.

2. How do I reset the code for a door I am locked out of?

The process for resetting a door code varies depending on the type of lock and system used. If you have access to the owner or administrator of the door, they can assist you with resetting the code. If not, you may need to contact a locksmith for assistance.

3. Why am I suddenly locked out of a door with a code?

There could be several reasons for being suddenly locked out of a door with a code. It is possible that the code was changed without your knowledge, or there could be an issue with the lock or code system. It is also possible that you made a mistake when entering the code. If the issue persists, it is best to seek assistance from the owner or administrator of the door.

4. What should I do if I am locked out of a door with a code in an emergency?

In case of an emergency, such as a fire or medical situation, it is important to have a backup plan for accessing the door. This could include memorizing a different code, keeping a physical key on hand, or having a designated person who has access to the door in case of emergencies. It is also important to regularly test the emergency plan to ensure it is effective.

5. Can I prevent being locked out of a door with a code?

While accidents and system errors can happen, there are some steps you can take to prevent being locked out of a door with a code. These include regularly testing the code to ensure it is working, having a backup plan for emergencies, and keeping the code confidential to avoid any unauthorized access. It is also important to have a system in place for quickly resetting the code in case of any issues.