1. PF Insights is off to a great start! Fresh and interesting articles on all things science and math. Here: PF Insights

I'd like to post a link to debunk

1. Can I post a link in here to debunk without being banned? Mentors keep taking my name literally and giving me extra love....

2. jcsd
  3. Evo

Staff: Mentor

As long as it is a topic suitable to S&D. If the link is to debunk a scientific topic, no, if it is to discuss pseudoscience, no.

I suggest you pm the link to Ivan Seeking and ask his opinion.

4. yeah general crackpottery... but eloquent and deceptive crackpottery and I was having problem quickly identifying the problem and wanted help. I'll PM Ivan. Thanks

5. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,524
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As long as the post isn't offensive or in violatation of the posting guidelines, the worst that I would do is to delete or close the thread. And generally speaking it is good to provide a public debunking of nonsense; esp clever nonsense.

6. Tom Mattson

Tom Mattson 5,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's an anti-relativity website, and it isn't all that clever. I already deleted it from the SR/GR Forum, and ZapperZ issued a warning for it.

7. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,524
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In that case it would last about ten minutes before being closed. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?