Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'd like to post a link to debunk

1. Oct 18, 2005 #1
    Can I post a link in here to debunk without being banned? Mentors keep taking my name literally and giving me extra love....

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

As long as it is a topic suitable to S&D. If the link is to debunk a scientific topic, no, if it is to discuss pseudoscience, no.

I suggest you pm the link to Ivan Seeking and ask his opinion.

4. Oct 18, 2005 #3
    yeah general crackpottery... but eloquent and deceptive crackpottery and I was having problem quickly identifying the problem and wanted help. I'll PM Ivan. Thanks

5. Oct 18, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As long as the post isn't offensive or in violatation of the posting guidelines, the worst that I would do is to delete or close the thread. And generally speaking it is good to provide a public debunking of nonsense; esp clever nonsense.

6. Oct 18, 2005 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's an anti-relativity website, and it isn't all that clever. I already deleted it from the SR/GR Forum, and ZapperZ issued a warning for it.

7. Oct 18, 2005 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In that case it would last about ten minutes before being closed. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?