1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'd like to say thanks to PF and singleton.

1. Oct 21, 2005 #1

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I would like to thank all PF members, especially those who replied in my earlier thread of "I need serious help...".

I have decided to pursue my dream one step at a time. I have just applied to the University of Waterloo for Pure Mathematics. Technically, I will be a General Mathematics student because I will be applying for a part-time position so that I can assure myself a seat. I plan on transferring as a Honour student during the Spring.

Even if I fail, I'll be proud that I tried. This is the area I would really like to go into and at my current school I can not explore this area at it's full potential or at a complete rigorous level. The classes are "dumbed" down to satisfy the students who want to become Elementary or High School teachers. I don't understand why they are mixed with math majors. I can graduate at this school unprepared for graduate school, which makes it a waste of four years, and still not even know if I'm capable of going into higher mathematics.

I will soon attend a school recognized for mathematics, which can open doors to some reputable Graduate Schools.

I also want to personally thank singleton as he knows what I'm going through, and that you must take your best shot.

Thank you, PF members.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2005 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Good luck!!
  4. Oct 21, 2005 #3
    I hope it all turns out well. :smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?