Ideal Base for a Number System

• B
  • Thread starter Isaac0427
  • Start date
Why can you not edit your posts?
There's a time limit on being able to edit one's posts. After that time limit has passed, you can't edit them any more.

ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
There's a time limit on being able to edit one's posts. After that time limit has passed, you can't edit them any more.
Which, I completely understand yet also hate sometimes.

Our reasoning is that we had many members post a homework question, and then after they had received a response, they would go back and delete their question. That would leave the rest of the thread not making much sense. Some members would post a question that they were supposed to do without outside help, and were therefore cheating. The time limit cuts down some of these kinds of problems.

Me, too. Especially if I recognize I've made an ugly spelling or grammar mistake ... Nevertheless, I think per saldo it makes sense.
(I've been asking myself what would happen on FB if you state something, gain a lot of likes, and then turn the statement into the complete opposite? Diabolic, I know :mad:)

ProfuselyQuarky
Gold Member
(I've been asking myself what would happen on FB if you state something, gain a lot of likes, and then turn the statement into the complete opposite? Diabolic, I know :mad:)
Yes, I thought the same thing (:devil:), but of course, I would never have the audacity to do it. I make a lot of ugly spelling mistakes and inconsequential errors and I secretly feel that those typos make me lose my cred for that specific thread (even though that's probably not true ...).

Likes fresh_42
Yes, I thought the same thing (:devil:), but of course, I would never have the audacity to do it. I make a lot of ugly spelling mistakes and inconsequential errors and I secretly feel that those typos make me lose my cred for that specific thread (even though that's probably not true ...).
If it's something like typos that you would like to fix, you could either report the thread, asking a mentor to make the changes, or you could PM a mentor directly for the same purpose. Stuff like that we wouldn't mind changing.