Ideal Base for a Number System

In summary, a fun question was posed about what number system would be chosen if base-10 was not the natural system. Suggestions included base-8, base-12, base-60, and base-16. Some preferred base-8 due to its simplicity and relationship to binary, while others argued for base-12 due to its historical use and ease of transition from base-10. There was also a discussion about the impracticality of base-1 and the benefits of using binary in computer technology. Ultimately, the choice of number system is a matter of personal preference.
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Yes, I thought the same thing (:devil:), but of course, I would never have the audacity to do it. I make a lot of ugly spelling mistakes and inconsequential errors and I secretly feel that those typos make me lose my cred for that specific thread (even though that's probably not true ...).
If it's something like typos that you would like to fix, you could either report the thread, asking a mentor to make the changes, or you could PM a mentor directly for the same purpose. Stuff like that we wouldn't mind changing.