What is the best telescope for beginner astrophotography?

In summary, the person has been interested in astronomy since childhood but never had the opportunity to use a telescope due to music commitments. They now want to get into astrophotography and are looking for a good telescope within their budget of £500. However, they are inexperienced and are advised to join a local astronomy club to gain practical experience and learn about different telescope options before making a purchase.
Major_Cj
Alrighty.
I've been interested in astronomy and other relative fields since I was a child, but due to my music commitments I've never had any 1'st-person experience in relation to utilizing a scope. My parents bought me a Celestron Powerseeker 675 back when I was a kid, but I only ever pointed it at the moon once, then I dropped it! Fool I know!
My main question here is now I've managed my schedule, I'd love to jump into astrophotography, but obviously need good experience with a scope and the night-sky first!
I realize that I'm at the lowest rank of astronomical experience, but I'm a quick learner and don't want to spend money on anything too basic! I have around £500 kicking around, and was wondering if anyone could point me towards a scope that will aid me well both as a beginner AND, as I gain knowledge and experience, when my skills advance. Any help would-be greatly appreciated.
Major_Cj.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Given your inexperience, I'd suggest that rather than buying a 'scope right now you look into local astronomy clubs in your area. You'll have an opportunity to observe through a number of different instruments and learn about their capabilities, as well as gain practical experience and knowledge from the more seasoned amateurs who, I can promise you, will be all too eager to show of their 'scopes and answer any questions you might have.

1. What are entrance telescopes used for?

Entrance telescopes, also known as objective lenses, are used to gather and focus light from distant objects, such as stars and planets, to form an image. They are an essential part of most telescopes and are responsible for the overall image quality and resolution.

2. How do entrance telescopes work?

Entrance telescopes work by using a curved lens or mirror to bend and focus light towards a focal point. This allows for the collection and concentration of light from a much larger area, resulting in a brighter and more detailed image.

3. What are some different types of entrance telescopes?

There are several types of entrance telescopes, including refracting telescopes, which use lenses to focus light, and reflecting telescopes, which use mirrors. Other types include catadioptric telescopes, which use a combination of lenses and mirrors, and radio telescopes, which use antennas to detect radio waves from space.

4. What factors should be considered when choosing an entrance telescope?

Some important factors to consider when choosing an entrance telescope include the size and type of the objective lens or mirror, the focal length, and the overall design and construction of the telescope. Other factors to consider may include the level of magnification, the intended use of the telescope, and the budget.

5. Can entrance telescopes be used for both professional and amateur astronomy?

Yes, entrance telescopes can be used for both professional and amateur astronomy. Professional telescopes tend to be larger and more advanced, with higher quality objective lenses and mirrors, while amateur telescopes are often smaller and more affordable. However, both types of telescopes can provide valuable insights and observations of the universe.