Identifying a Graph - Help Appreciated!

• Thread starter Poweranimals
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, the conversation is discussing a graph that needs to be identified and the information used to draw it. There is disagreement over what the function of the graph could be, with suggestions ranging from -csc(x) to -csc(2x) to one of the multiple choice options provided. The suggestion is made to find the minimum value of f(x) and then look at the graph.
Poweranimals
Does anyone know how to go about this? I had to draw this, so I'm not sure how good it is, but any help would be appreciated.

http://ourworld.cs.com/SuperSamuraiStar/graph.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What information did you use to draw the graph?

I will assume that the 2 branches should be symmetric. If so, it looks like it could be -csc(x). But you really have not given enough information to be sure of answer.

I didn't use any information to draw the graph. It was a picture and they asked what to identify it. So the answer should be f(x) = ?

It could be -csc(2x).

I'm sure that's not the answer. Actually, the choices are a) f(x) = 3sec(2x + n), b) f(x) = 3csc(2x -2pie), c) f(x) = 3csc(2x + pie), or d) f(x) = 3sec(2x - pie).

Maybe that'll help.

consider the minimal f(x) which is 3 in all cases ... find x and then look at the graph.

-- AI

1. What is the purpose of identifying a graph?

Identifying a graph helps us to understand the data being represented and to communicate information effectively. It also allows us to analyze trends and patterns in the data.

2. How do you identify the type of graph being used?

The type of graph can be identified by looking at the type of data being represented and the way it is being visually displayed. For example, a line graph is typically used to show a trend over time, while a bar graph is used to compare different categories.

3. What are some common features of a graph that can help with identification?

Some common features of a graph include the x and y axes, labels, titles, legends, and data points or bars. These features can provide important information about the data being presented and help to identify the type of graph being used.

4. How do you determine the accuracy of a graph?

The accuracy of a graph can be determined by checking the scale used on the axes, the labeling of the data points, and the consistency of the data being presented. It is also important to consider the source of the data and any potential biases or errors.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when identifying a graph?

Some common mistakes to avoid when identifying a graph include misinterpreting the data, using the wrong type of graph for the data being presented, and not properly labeling or scaling the graph. It is also important to carefully review the data and make sure it is accurate and unbiased.