Idiot of the Month Club: Charles Ray Fuller Edition

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary: I didnt know wat u guys meant by fish slap...but now i do...well i guess i will think twice before asking a silly question...Well, at least you know now. :)
russ_watters
Mentor
I'm starting a club for idiots (I'll be the founder, but not a member). First member, this guy:
Police say Charles Ray Fuller tried to cash a $360 billion check in Forth Worth, Texas.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/05/texas-man-accus.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh no, you'll be the founding member.

Do you ever read The News of the Weird type stories? They're full of stories of idiots. You'll split a side laughing so hard at the stories.

russ_watters said:
I'm starting a club for idiots (I'll be the founder, but not a member). First member, this guy: http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/05/texas-man-accus.html [Broken]

LMAO, even i know one could not carry that much cash away.

dst said:
Oh no, you'll be the founding member.
Sorry, the membership restrictions will be tight: Canadians and Texans only.

He probably still doesn't even understand how they caught him.

Can I retroactively induct Jill Foreman for this April 1st beaut?

He said officers Hope Kingery and George Miller stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation and the driver could not produce identification or a valid driver's license. Miller called the car's registered owner and left a message, but in the meantime they determined that the vehicle wasn't stolen and allowed the driver to leave, Kraus said.

About an hour later, Miller got a call on his cell phone from the apparent owner of the car "who stated that she would like to buy $150 in crack,"...

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=456&sid=1378091

IM JOINING...since it will be most of my posts that u guys quote on here

lol

amz8601 said:
IM JOINING...since it will be most of my posts that u guys quote on here

lol

:rofl: Should we still go through with the fish slapping initiation?

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Should we still go through with the fish slapping initiation?

fish slap?

do i look like a salmon?

:)

bad jokes...i can't help it...its the result of a finely tuned mix of exams and financial debt...sorry another bad joke...

amz8601 said:
fish slap?

do i look like a salmon?

:)

bad jokes...i can't help it...its the result of a finely tuned mix of exams and financial debt...sorry another bad joke...

Okay, a salmon it is!

THWACK! :biggrin:

Here Russ, don't say I never gave you anything...http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/index.html :biggrin:

Last edited:
MOONBEAR, ur lucky I am not 102 year old with dentures...otherwise they would be half-way across the room!

(just to save my ego...am i the first to get a "thwack"?)

lol

i know this is a physics forum...but physics can be funny can't it?

amz8601 said:
MOONBEAR, ur lucky I am not 102 year old with dentures...otherwise they would be half-way across the room!

(just to save my ego...am i the first to get a "thwack"?)

lol

i know this is a physics forum...but physics can be funny can't it?

Of course you're not the first, but you are among the few who have returned to post after getting a thwack.

Trout smacking is the most effective. Truly.

Um, smacking someone with a trout, not smacking a trout.

There.

Last edited:
well i take that as a compliment MOONBEAR,

on a more serious note jus wanted to make a few ppl laugh, stimulate hormones and get them to take in the info better...helps concentration levels when u have a laugh or two...wel it does for me, possibly coz I am the only one laughing?...mayb i shud post a thread on this? jus kidding

Okay, grandma, daughter, and grandson murder grandpa. They stuff him into the incinerator on their rural property. The incinerator won't work, so the daughter calls a repairman. And doesn't remove grandpa. Guess who the repairman finds? They all get charged. Fancy that.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/local/story.html?id=be5426d4-2aff-43c2-b2d0-fa6ad8d0acd5&k=15757" [Broken]

amz8601, the fish slap is an...odd...welcoming ritual to PF. Welcome!

lisab said:
amz8601, the fish slap is an...odd...welcoming ritual to PF. Welcome!

i like the way you said "odd"

well its my first time on a forum, and i have to admit its the first time iv sat at my laptop for such a long time...

hhhmmmm...i need to find friends...lol

the reason i joined was to overcome a question as to why jet engines fail on birdie strikes...which i am glad to have found a few responses...so I am here to stay...(dont all go committing suicide at once)

amz8601 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Then you'd leave us!

amz8601 said:
i like the way you said "odd"

well its my first time on a forum, and i have to admit its the first time iv sat at my laptop for such a long time...

the reason i joined was to overcome a question as to why jet engines fail on birdie strikes...which i am glad to have found a few responses...so I am here to stay...(dont all go committing suicide at once)

LEAVE? i can't leave you guys...after all we have been through...the thought of leaving brings a tear to my eye...(better stop here before my poetic side comes out...then there will be homicide and suicide...)..lol

GeorginaS said:
Trout smacking is the most effective. Truly.

Um, smacking someone with a trout, not smacking a trout.

There.

Oh, should I try again with a trout instead of a salmon? :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Oh, should I try again with a trout instead of a salmon? :uhh:

something smells fishy to me...

I want to join. Membership rules?

d1ff30m0rf1zm said:
Name your fish. :biggrin:

Evo said:

someone break the news to russ that his group is now officially "the fish mongers"...

d1ff30m0rf1zm said:
Rule #1: N0 70p010g!ca1 app311a7!0nz a110w3d. Pwn3d!

Last edited:
d1ff30m0rf1zm said:

Evo said:

And tell us a short version of your name we can use here that we can spell. :biggrin:

Can it be a 4-dimensional fish?

How about. . . Arf.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
I'm starting a club for idiots (I'll be the founder, but not a member). First member, this guy:
Police say Charles Ray Fuller tried to cash a $360 billion check in Forth Worth, Texas.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/05/texas-man-accus.html [Broken]

If his punishment is to count to 360 billion, then he won't make the same mistake again.

"Towards the end of our sale (Friday) night, a young couple came and purchased two boxes of cookies and left with $93.50 in change," Jil Hennessey-Seabolt, the [girl scout] troop's cookie director...

... the girls who were working outside King Sooper last week questioned the couple about the bill, which appeared to be about an inch shorter than a real one, but accepted their explanation that it had been through the washing machine.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/couple-uses-cou.html [Broken]

Only an idiot would accidently shrink their money in the money washing machine. Geez, everyone knows you launder money with the wash cycle set to warm, not hot, and air dry only.

The Fortean Times is a treasure trove of news stories about idiots...

http://www.theherald.co.za/herald/news/n10_02052008.htm [Broken] government employees.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/05/01/mj050208caregiver.html [Broken] elder care person.
Idiot people in government again. I especially like the bit at the end about "Beppe Grillo, an Italian comedian and politician..."

Evo, have you embraced your inner goddess? ;-)

Very funny stories by the way.

<h2>1. What is the "Idiot of the Month Club" and who is Charles Ray Fuller?</h2><p>The "Idiot of the Month Club" is a satirical online club that highlights individuals who have done or said something foolish or ridiculous. Charles Ray Fuller is a man who gained notoriety for his attempt to rob a bank using a banana as a weapon.</p><h2>2. Why was Charles Ray Fuller chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?</h2><p>Charles Ray Fuller was chosen as the "Idiot of the Month" because of the absurdity of his attempted robbery and the fact that he was caught on camera using a banana as a weapon. His actions were widely ridiculed and gained attention from the media and the public.</p><h2>3. Is the "Idiot of the Month Club" meant to shame or make fun of individuals?</h2><p>No, the "Idiot of the Month Club" is meant to be a lighthearted and humorous way to point out silly or foolish behavior. It is not meant to shame or bully individuals, but rather to highlight the absurdity of certain actions or statements.</p><h2>4. Are there any consequences for being chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?</h2><p>No, being chosen as the "Idiot of the Month" does not result in any legal consequences or punishment. It is simply a way to bring attention to a person's actions or words and perhaps serve as a lesson to others.</p><h2>5. Who decides who is chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?</h2><p>The creators of the "Idiot of the Month Club" are the ones who ultimately decide who is chosen as the "Idiot of the Month". They may take suggestions from the public or choose someone who has gained widespread attention for their foolish behavior.</p>

1. What is the "Idiot of the Month Club" and who is Charles Ray Fuller?

The "Idiot of the Month Club" is a satirical online club that highlights individuals who have done or said something foolish or ridiculous. Charles Ray Fuller is a man who gained notoriety for his attempt to rob a bank using a banana as a weapon.

2. Why was Charles Ray Fuller chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?

Charles Ray Fuller was chosen as the "Idiot of the Month" because of the absurdity of his attempted robbery and the fact that he was caught on camera using a banana as a weapon. His actions were widely ridiculed and gained attention from the media and the public.

3. Is the "Idiot of the Month Club" meant to shame or make fun of individuals?

No, the "Idiot of the Month Club" is meant to be a lighthearted and humorous way to point out silly or foolish behavior. It is not meant to shame or bully individuals, but rather to highlight the absurdity of certain actions or statements.

4. Are there any consequences for being chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?

No, being chosen as the "Idiot of the Month" does not result in any legal consequences or punishment. It is simply a way to bring attention to a person's actions or words and perhaps serve as a lesson to others.

5. Who decides who is chosen as the "Idiot of the Month"?

The creators of the "Idiot of the Month Club" are the ones who ultimately decide who is chosen as the "Idiot of the Month". They may take suggestions from the public or choose someone who has gained widespread attention for their foolish behavior.