Solving IE Login Issue After Update

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with logging into PF using Internet Explorer, as well as a suggestion to switch to Firefox to avoid any further troubles. The conversation also mentions the potential issue of cookies and suggests adjusting settings to allow cookies from PF.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
IE had been reminding me to update for a few months now, which I finally did today. I logged into PF after the update; PF logged me out due to inactivity. When I try to log back in using IE, I cannot (I have no problem with Chrome, thanks to which I am able to post this).

In IE, after I enter my userid and pw, I am greeted with a "Thank you for logging in" message. Then the view changes to the way before I logged in (user name and pw are blank and there is no post window).

Physics news on Phys.org
You've had trouble with chrome, now IE, you really should think about switching to Firefox - no trouble what-so-ever.

It's probably another cookie issue. Make sure IE is set to allow cookies from PF.

jarednjames said:
... you really should think about switching to Firefox - no trouble what-so-ever.
For sure.

When I get alerts for Windows 7 updates, I always "hide" anything that has to do with IE. :wink:

1. How do I solve the IE login issue after updating my browser?

To solve this issue, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that does not work, try disabling any browser extensions or plugins that may be causing conflicts. You can also try resetting your browser settings to their default. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the website's support team for further assistance.

2. Why am I experiencing an IE login issue after updating my browser?

It is possible that the update to your browser has caused compatibility issues with the website's login system. This could be due to changes in the browser's security settings or the website's coding. It is also possible that the update has caused conflicts with any browser extensions or plugins you have installed.

3. Can I prevent this IE login issue from happening again after future updates?

To prevent this issue from happening again, you can try disabling any browser extensions or plugins before updating your browser. You can also make sure to regularly clear your browser's cache and cookies to prevent any conflicts. If the issue persists, you may need to switch to a different browser or contact the website's support team for further assistance.

4. Is there a specific version of IE that is more prone to this login issue after updates?

This login issue can occur with any version of IE, as it is often caused by compatibility issues between the browser and the website. However, older versions of IE may be more prone to this issue due to their outdated security settings and coding. It is recommended to update to the latest version of IE or switch to a different browser for a smoother experience.

5. What should I do if none of the suggested solutions work for solving the IE login issue after updating?

If none of the suggested solutions work, you may need to contact the website's support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific steps or troubleshoot the issue directly with you. You can also try accessing the website on a different browser or device to see if the issue persists.