IE Errors in PF - Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

• Thread starter selfAdjoint
  • Start date
In summary, The speaker has experienced the error message "IE has generated errors, will be shut down" twice today and once earlier this week while trying to save their posts. They mention that this has not happened on other forums and ask if anyone else has had a similar experience. Another person responds that they have encountered the same issue and suggest a workaround by not clicking 'OK' and clicking in the background instead. They also mention that keyboard shortcuts may not work after this error occurs. Someone else suggests using Mozilla or Firebird instead of Internet Explorer.
selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Twice today in trying to save my posts, and once before this week, I have got the "IE has generated errors, will be shut down" message. This hasn't happened to me on other forums. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it's happened to me as well. I find I can get around it by not clicking 'OK', and clicking in the background instead. This minimises the message and allows you to continue normally. It seems keyboard shortcuts don't work after this has happened, however.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Twice today in trying to save my posts, and once before this week, I have got the "IE has generated errors, will be shut down" message. This hasn't happened to me on other forums. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

One of many good reasons not to use the devil

Use mozilla or firebird
http://mozilla.org/

What are IE errors in PF?

IE errors in PF refer to Internet Explorer errors encountered while using the PF (Power Factor) software. These errors can occur due to various reasons and can impact the functionality of the software.

What can cause IE errors in PF?

IE errors in PF can be caused by various factors such as outdated software, conflicting plugins or add-ons, corrupted files, or issues with the browser itself. It is important to identify the root cause in order to resolve the errors.

How can I fix IE errors in PF?

The solution to fixing IE errors in PF depends on the specific cause. Some common solutions include updating the browser and software, disabling conflicting plugins or add-ons, clearing the browser cache, or reinstalling the software.

Can IE errors in PF be prevented?

While it is not possible to completely prevent IE errors in PF, there are some steps that can help reduce the frequency of these errors. These include keeping the software and browser up to date, avoiding conflicting plugins or add-ons, and regularly clearing the browser cache.

Should I report IE errors in PF to the software developers?

If you are experiencing frequent IE errors in PF, it is recommended to report them to the software developers. This can help them identify any underlying issues and release updates or fixes to resolve the errors. Additionally, reporting errors can also help improve the overall user experience for others.