IE Irodov equivalent for Maths?

In summary, In response to the question of what are some good books for advanced Maths, the new author suggests Mathematical Analysis by Zorich. The book is good and well motivated, and is perfect for people who wants to improve their problem solving skills.
Maths Absorber
Hello there friends,

I'm new here. I'm in my second semester of Computer Science Engineering. I've always loved Maths but was never quite great in Physics in school. I Keep getting this feeling that the current books I'm using aren't delivering the sufficient depth (BS Grewal and Erwin Kreszig). I like doing Maths a lot and would like to hear some recommendations for some good books for advanced Maths.

I remember how in eleventh and twelfth, Irodov was by far the hardest book for Physics. And how if anyone solved it end to end, they'd have a crystal clear understanding of the subject. So, I was wondering if there's an equivalent in Maths ?

I would like the book to have some solved problems so I know where to start. As far as topics go, Calculus and Algebra is cool. I like differential equations a lot but in general, I'm very eager to learn.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I found a book that meets the criteria. I wanted to improve my problem solving skills and planned on doing Irodov because of the reputation it had. Unfortunately, I don't feel that comfortable with it being a Physics book and prefer Maths.

Problem Solving Strategies - Arthur Engel ... Was exactly the kind of book I was looking for. It was a Godsend. Like Irodov, it is used for Olympiad preparation. Like Irodov, it too uses problems that hone creative problem solving skills. Like Irodov, it's problems can be understood by a high school level of the subject and is challenging in the application of skill rather than advancement of knowledge.
In short, it's perfect.

So, I thought I'd post it here in case anybody ever has the same question.

Mathematical analysis Zorich is good and well motivated

1. What is IE Irodov equivalent for Maths?

The IE Irodov equivalent for Maths is a popular question among students who are preparing for competitive exams like JEE, NEET, and other entrance exams. It refers to a book that is equivalent in difficulty level and covers similar topics as the famous physics book "Problems in General Physics" by I.E Irodov.

2. Is there a single book that covers all the topics in IE Irodov equivalent for Maths?

No, there is no single book that covers all the topics in IE Irodov equivalent for Maths. However, there are several books available in the market that cover a majority of the topics with similar difficulty level.

3. Can I use IE Irodov equivalent for Maths for my board exams?

No, IE Irodov equivalent for Maths is not recommended for board exams as it covers advanced topics and is more suitable for competitive exams. It is always better to stick to the prescribed textbooks for board exams.

4. How can I use IE Irodov equivalent for Maths to improve my problem-solving skills?

IE Irodov equivalent for Maths is a great resource for practicing advanced level problems. It can help you improve your problem-solving skills by providing challenging problems and their detailed solutions. Regular practice with this book can enhance your analytical and logical thinking abilities.

5. Are there any other resources apart from IE Irodov equivalent for Maths to prepare for competitive exams?

Yes, there are several other resources available to prepare for competitive exams like JEE and NEET. Some popular books include "Mathematics for JEE Advanced" by R.D Sharma, "Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics" by A. Das Gupta, and "Objective Mathematics" by R.D. Sharma. Online resources like practice papers, mock tests, and video lectures can also be helpful in exam preparation.