Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IED Projects

1. Oct 8, 2003 #1

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Any engineering major at any engineering school in the US must take a course entitled Introduction to Engineering Design (IED), or something similar. Right now, I am teaching that course at a local college. I think it would be useful for students to have a thread in which information on various IED projects can be posted.

To keep things nice and organized, I am going to ask that there be only one post for each type of project. If you find info on a project that has been posted and think your info should appear here, then please PM the author of that post and ask him/her to edit it in.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2003 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mousetrap Vehicles

You've all heard of it. Just about every high school physics club in the US does this project. The project is to design a vehicle powered by a standard size mousetrap, and there are a variety of criteria on which the car may be judged.

Your Ultimate Online Mousetrap Cars and Vehicles Help Guide Free articles, FAQ's, books for sale.
    Your ultimate source for mousetrap powered cars and vehicles Docfizzix.com sells books and racer kits.
    Mousetrap Car and Vehicle Propulsion Theory A book for sale at Docfizzix.com.
    Mousetrap Car Plans Another book for sale at Docfizzix.com.
    Ultimate Mouse Trap Car Homepage An Honors Physics project, and links to other mousetrap car websites.

Let me know via PM if you have any good sites for mousetrap cars, and I will add them by editing this post.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?