1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Iespell (spelling checker)

1. Dec 21, 2003 #1
    http://www.iespell.com/

This is a great piece of software for spell checking text on web pages. Works great for forums, blogs and any other place were text is entered on a web page. It's free.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2003 #2
    Hi jimmy, that is a great tip and I would recommend it aswell. I know I for one could really use a spell checker for internet functions.

4. Dec 23, 2003 #3
    Hi Greg,

I'm glad you approve. I certainly find it useful. I tend to be careless sometimes when I post and don't do a thorough job of checking my spelling. This program saves me a lot of time as far as editing goes.

I should mention that it works for Internet Explorer or any other browser which uses IE's core components. (AOL, SlimBrowser, MSN, etc)

Enjoy :D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  5. Dec 26, 2003 #4
    I used iespell for my blog, and it worked quite well. For a while it seemed like a lot of people would write their blog entries in Word, spell/grammar check them, and then past them into their blog software. The unfortunate part of that operation was that Word likes to seriously obfuscate text when pasted into any HTML-aware editor with its use of spans, invalid tags, etc.

6. Jan 9, 2004 #5
    Awesome and gr8

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?