If anything happens to me call the police.

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the door to my closet just opened up all by itself. If you knew the door you would know that this is impossible. When the door is left open it swings shut by itself due to gravity. It doesn't swing open, but it just did. First it made noises, door noises, crk crrrrk crk swwwwiiiingggg.
tribdog
The door to my closet just opened up all by itself. If you knew the door you would know that this is impossible. When the door is left open it swings shut by itself due to gravity. It doesn't swing open, but it just did. First it made noises, door noises, crk crrrrk crk swwwwiiiingggg. I'm a little bit terrified, but I'm going to go check it out now.

Physics news on Phys.org
Possibly wind or air circulation/pressure in the building? A long time ago I had a door that would generally shut on its ownbut if you made sure that it didn't close all the way and latch then the air circulating through the house would make the door swing on it's own. Sometimes it would even slam itself shut.

Hmm its been 10 minutes, tribdogs dead, can I take his stereo now?

I have a weak heart. I'm old. Don't do this! :eek:

Nothing there. scary though. I could have sworn the door creeked "cccccomming too kkkkkillll you" which is scaring me now even though I"m lying.

It's waiting for you to turn the lights out.

That's when they attack you know.

Those evil, dark forces.

Malevolent spirits.

Disembodied evil beings.

The kind with glowing red eyes. :bugeye:

shh, what was that?

Pengwuino said:
Hmm its been 10 minutes, tribdogs dead, can I take his stereo now?
Impale his head on a pike while you're there.

It's the ghosts of christmas past! Run for your lives!

:eek:

there's only one ghost of christmas past. And this one isn't it. Unless the ghost of christmas past is a little girl about 5 years old, with really pale skin who always says "No, Daddy, It hurts daddy. They don't like you anymore daddy"

I thought we decided we'd never speak of it again.

If anything happens to you we'll be calling Domino's.

This kind of thing just doesn't happen on Christmas.

Whatever happens I'm going to take a nap.

rachmaninoff said:
Whatever happens I'm going to take a nap.

You're going to miss out the grab for all of his stuff once we verify he's dead.

Why the wait?

your love is overwhelming, really.

Never mind, he's still alive. I'm going away to take a nap.

The door to my closet just opened up all by itself. If you knew the door you would know that this is impossible. When the door is left open it swings shut by itself due to gravity. It doesn't swing open, but it just did. First it made noises, door noises, crk crrrrk crk swwwwiiiingggg. I'm a little bit terrified, but I'm going to go check it out now.

No that's not true. I thought about this for quite some time until I found the solution. The door can swing open OR closed due to gravity. It depends on how the door is hinged properly. Think of the z-axis going straight up. Positive angles are counter clockwise, negative angles are clockwise. The door is aligned along the veritical z axis. (Up and down, so to speak). If the door has positive angle, (counter clockwise), this means the bottom of the door is on the centerline of the z-axis. The top of the door is to the LEFT of the z-axis. This means gravity will always casue the door to swing to the LEFT. A positive angle will cause it to always swing to the RIGHT. Think of the top of the door leaning over the bottom of the door. It will turn in the direction it leans over itself.

He's already determined the particular door in quetion is hung such that it will only swing shut. This wouldn't change by itself.

sigh...details details zoobyshoe...always with the details you are...

What does "If anything happens to me call the police" mean?

"If anything happens to me call the police" is a phrase used to instruct someone to contact law enforcement in the event of an emergency or dangerous situation. It implies that the person speaking may be in danger or unable to call for help themselves.

Why would someone say "If anything happens to me call the police"?

This phrase is often used as a precautionary measure in case the speaker is unable to call for help themselves. It may also be used if the speaker feels they are in a dangerous situation and wants to ensure that someone is aware and can take action if necessary.

Who should I call if someone says "If anything happens to me call the police"?

If someone utters this phrase, it is important to follow their instructions and call the police immediately. Do not hesitate to call for help if you feel the situation warrants it.

What should I do if I am told "If anything happens to me call the police"?

If you are instructed to call the police, it is important to act quickly and calmly. Immediately dial the emergency number in your area and provide as much information as possible about the situation and the person who asked you to call.

Is it always necessary to call the police if someone says "If anything happens to me call the police"?

In most cases, it is best to err on the side of caution and call the police if someone tells you to do so. It is better to have law enforcement assess the situation and determine if any further action is needed, rather than ignoring the instruction and potentially putting the person in danger.