Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If anything was possible, what would you do?

1. Jun 20, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In your wildest dreams, if you could do anything you can imagine, what would it be, and why?

Travel through a worm hole?
    Go back in time?
    Sit down and have coffee with God?
    Re-take that last physics exam?
    Take back the words that you spoke last night: "Honey you need to lose a little weight"?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2005 #2
    Learn why I'm here.

4. Jun 20, 2005 #3
    Travel the universe, visiting everyplace I could.

Bring back my long dead friends.

Take back what I said.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  5. Jun 20, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Hello, brains in vats- what else? :approve: I would end suffering without killing everything. That would take care of everything else. :smile:

6. Jun 20, 2005 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

1. Bring back those who died prematurely (due to violence or illness) so that they could be with their families and hopefully live peaceful, meaningful and happy lives.

2. Travel in time and space. I always wanted to see dinosaurs and early mammals during different periods of evolution.

3. End or relieve the suffering in the world, and any other world I might encounter on my travels through the universe.

4. Clean up the earth's oceans and other bodies of water and reforest the areas that have been denuded of trees.

I know why I am here - to do as much of 3 and 4 as humanly possible, although those activies are confined to this planet.

7. Jun 20, 2005 #6
    Nuke Earth!

8. Jun 20, 2005 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Can't let you do that. What I didn't mention previously is that I pre-emptively disabled all weapons on earth. :biggrin:

No more wars!

While we are at it, I might as well go for being "Master of the Universe". Don't worry, I am very benevolent. o:)

9. Jun 20, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

1.Having coffee with God is a great idea!
    First,I want him to give me whatever I like then I'll ask him some questions:
    The most important 1 is "why did you create so much stupid?"
    I could have lots of fun there.siting there and watching the comic movie which is about human's life.
    2.traveling to a black hole!
    (think about others later!)

10. Jun 20, 2005 #9

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Hm, denuding isn't as good as it sounds.

11. Jun 20, 2005 #10

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Lisa,so you'd ask him:"Why did he create me?" :surprised: That's some curiosity...:tongue2:

I wouldn't bring anyone back from the dead,i've seen "Night of the Living Dead I & II",i sorta know that too many living wouldn't like my idea.

I wouldn't nuke anyone,nor go back in time...

I'd just kiss my girlfriend right this very second...:wink:

I wish it was possible.:frown:

Daniel.

12. Jun 20, 2005 #11

Damn it, that was *my* position! >=(

Automatically, if you nuke earth, you take every other weapon with it (although, they do detonate). =)

13. Jun 20, 2005 #12

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

:blushing: i would want to fly (without a plane)...a childhood dream i used to have... :redface:

14. Jun 20, 2005 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

In fact,I should ask him why he created human coz almost all of them are stupid and crazy but in different ways!

:surprised why is it impossible?!

15. Jun 20, 2005 #14
    Ivan Seeking, did you tell that to your poor wife? :tongue2:

16. Jun 20, 2005 #15

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Selfish: Live for exactly 10,000 years (maintaining my present state of body and mind).

Magnanimous: Reconcile the world religions to form a single, logical, peaceful worldview. This is what would take 10,000 years.

17. Jun 20, 2005 #16

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

She's approximately 2200 Km away.The webcam doesn't help though,:cry:.

Daniel.

18. Jun 20, 2005 #17

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I'd want to be able to see the world at any place and any time. I want to see so many beautiful things in this world, not just now, but in the past and in the future. I want to see my city in 1910 at the height of its beauty and stregnth, before war and industrial decline. I want to see York in medieval times, Rome at the peak of its imperial might and the pyramids being built. I want to see the first early humans spark up a fire, hunt down a mammoth. I want to watch dinosaurs, and see the first lung fish laboriously drag itself onto land, poke a trilobite. I want to see what the future holds- how much we eventually achive, how we fall, what effect we eventually have on the world and its climate. I want to see what new forms life take, what dominates after us, what mountains spring up and how the continents arrange themselves millions of years down the line. Finally (obligatory dirty answer) I want to see what goes on in the girl's changing rooms.

19. Jun 20, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

I was going to be a smartass and say "Repeal the law of gravity", but then I realized that I'd probably have to clean the ceiling.

20. Jun 20, 2005 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye: what have you done with her that she's now 2200km far from you?!

21. Jun 20, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

This probably has nothing to do with it, but he did borrow my doggie suit a couple of weeks ago. :uhh:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?