If anything was possible, what would you do?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I'd have to clean the toilets. So, "Take back the words that you spoke last night: "Honey you need to lose a little weight"?Ivan Seeking, did you tell that to your poor wife? :tongue2:Selfish: Live for exactly 10,000 years (maintaining my present state of body and mind)."
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
In your wildest dreams, if you could do anything you can imagine, what would it be, and why?

Travel through a worm hole?
Go back in time?
Sit down and have coffee with God?
Re-take that last physics exam?
Take back the words that you spoke last night: "Honey you need to lose a little weight"?

Physics news on Phys.org
Learn why I'm here.

Travel the universe, visiting everyplace I could.

Bring back my long dead friends.

Take back what I said.

Last edited:
Hello, brains in vats- what else? :approve: I would end suffering without killing everything. That would take care of everything else. :smile:

1. Bring back those who died prematurely (due to violence or illness) so that they could be with their families and hopefully live peaceful, meaningful and happy lives.

2. Travel in time and space. I always wanted to see dinosaurs and early mammals during different periods of evolution.

3. End or relieve the suffering in the world, and any other world I might encounter on my travels through the universe.

4. Clean up the Earth's oceans and other bodies of water and reforest the areas that have been denuded of trees.

I know why I am here - to do as much of 3 and 4 as humanly possible, although those activies are confined to this planet.

Nuke Earth!

Bladibla said:
Nuke Earth!
Can't let you do that. What I didn't mention previously is that I pre-emptively disabled all weapons on earth. :biggrin:

No more wars!

While we are at it, I might as well go for being "Master of the Universe". Don't worry, I am very benevolent. o:)

1.Having coffee with God is a great idea!
First,I want him to give me whatever I like then I'll ask him some questions:
The most important 1 is "why did you create so much stupid?"
I could have lots of fun there.siting there and watching the comic movie which is about human's life.
2.traveling to a black hole!
(think about others later!)

Hm, denuding isn't as good as it sounds.

Lisa,so you'd ask him:"Why did he create me?" : That's some curiosity...:tongue2:

I wouldn't bring anyone back from the dead,i've seen "Night of the Living Dead I & II",i sort of know that too many living wouldn't like my idea.

I wouldn't nuke anyone,nor go back in time...

I'd just kiss my girlfriend right this very second...:wink:

I wish it was possible.:frown:

Daniel.

Astronuc said:
Can't let you do that. What I didn't mention previously is that I pre-emptively disabled all weapons on earth. :biggrin:

No more wars!

While we are at it, I might as well go for being "Master of the Universe". Don't worry, I am very benevolent. o:)

Damn it, that was *my* position! >=(

Automatically, if you nuke earth, you take every other weapon with it (although, they do detonate). =)

:blushing: i would want to fly (without a plane)...a childhood dream i used to have... :redface:

dextercioby said:
Lisa,so you'd ask him:"Why did he create me?" : That's some curiosity...:tongue2:
In fact,I should ask him why he created human coz almost all of them are stupid and crazy but in different ways!

I'd just kiss my girlfriend right this very second...:wink:

I wish it was possible.:frown:

Daniel.
why is it impossible?!

Ivan Seeking said:
Take back the words that you spoke last night: "Honey you need to lose a little weight"?
Ivan Seeking, did you tell that to your poor wife? :tongue2:

Selfish: Live for exactly 10,000 years (maintaining my present state of body and mind).

Magnanimous: Reconcile the world religions to form a single, logical, peaceful worldview. This is what would take 10,000 years.

She's approximately 2200 Km away.The webcam doesn't help though,:cry:.

Daniel.

I'd want to be able to see the world at any place and any time. I want to see so many beautiful things in this world, not just now, but in the past and in the future. I want to see my city in 1910 at the height of its beauty and stregnth, before war and industrial decline. I want to see York in medieval times, Rome at the peak of its imperial might and the pyramids being built. I want to see the first early humans spark up a fire, hunt down a mammoth. I want to watch dinosaurs, and see the first lung fish laboriously drag itself onto land, poke a trilobite. I want to see what the future holds- how much we eventually achive, how we fall, what effect we eventually have on the world and its climate. I want to see what new forms life take, what dominates after us, what mountains spring up and how the continents arrange themselves millions of years down the line. Finally (obligatory dirty answer) I want to see what goes on in the girl's changing rooms.

I was going to be a smartass and say "Repeal the law of gravity", but then I realized that I'd probably have to clean the ceiling.

dextercioby said:
She's approximately 2200 Km away.The webcam doesn't help though,:cry:.

Daniel.
:bugeye: what have you done with her that she's now 2200km far from you?!

Lisa! said:
:bugeye: what have you done with her that she's now 2200km far from you?!
This probably has nothing to do with it, but he did borrow my doggie suit a couple of weeks ago. :uhh:

Danger said:
This probably has nothing to do with it, but he did borrow my doggie suit a couple of weeks ago. :uhh:
You've got a point here! :uhh:

Lisa! said:
You've got a point here! :uhh:
I always do; usually, though, it's imperceptible to anyone but me.

Danger said:
I always do; usually, though, it's imperceptible to anyone but me.
maybe that's coz of evil eye!

Lisa! said:
maybe that's coz of evil eye!
That's better than any excuse I could come up with, so let's run with it. :wink:

Ivan Seeking said:
If anything was possible, what would you do?

Make everything Impossible.

I'd do whatever I alwaya wnted to do from my childhood but they were dangerous like falling from highest building in the world to find out how is it like! :rolleyes:
2.playing in a famous football team
3.seeing what will happen to me after death
4.knowing what people are thinking about :biggrin:
5.tell my teacher he's not funny at all when he trys to make us laugh by his silly jokes...(I tried to tell him most of time by making face or telling him "I'm frozen" but he always though I was kidding or just I wanted to bother him :cry:
6.make some people understood I'm not kidding at all when I say "I can't stand you"
7.make the world a good place to live o:) happiness,peace and whatever nice to all people esp. children

Be able to booze and eat all day without getting fat
Walk on mars, or any place i want
Be able to afford to booze and eat all day
Have loads of totty around
Make bullets that return to sender
Be able to take advantage of the totty all day night
banish all politicians to mongolia
Have my favorite pop stars on my doorstep esp Meat loaf
Be able to type without having to look where the keys are
not have to pay for booze and food
And have a good time

:biggrin:

wolram said:
Be able to booze and eat all day without getting fat
Walk on mars, or any place i want
Be able to afford to booze and eat all day
Have loads of totty around
Make bullets that return to sender
Be able to take advantage of the totty all day night
banish all politicians to mongolia
Have my favorite pop stars on my doorstep esp Meat loaf
Be able to type without having to look where the keys are
not have to pay for booze and food
And have a good time

:biggrin:
I think the best way to know people is by their wishes!Your wishes are so strange for me! :wink:
poor people who live in Mongolia :cry: I think even if we we were able to banish them to the other world,we still couldn't get rid of them! :devil:

Lisa
I think the best way to know people is by their wishes!Your wishes are so strange for me!

Howe dare you missy, Mind you others have said I am strange :smile:
I wonder why?

wolram said:
Lisa
I think the best way to know people is by their wishes!Your wishes are so strange for me!

Howe dare you missy, Mind you others have said I am strange :smile:
I wonder why?
others have said you're strange! :bugeye:
maybe you are :smile: you know everyone says the same thing about me.Perhaps all humans are strange! :wink:

I would make it so that animals could talk with us.

hypatia said:
Maybe one of them could tell me what totty is.

hypatia said:
Forget that! One yomamma around here is enough!

Besides, we already have an ape, a bear and a zoobie. What more could you want?

honestrosewater said:
Maybe one of them could tell me what totty is.
A gorgeous woman, sorry its english slang, it shows the depths of my depravity.
I am a bad person , sorry. :yuck:

hypatia said:

They do...don't they? :uhh: