Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If I am on your back

1. May 12, 2004 #1
    Since I only really post in this forum, this is only appropriate here.
    Please, take this as notice I never meant to be there and am hereforth removing myself from this position.
    It's not that I don't enjoy the possibility of getting a free piggy back ride, I simply didn't mean to get on anyone's back.

Please accept this as an apology to anyone who got any unfair back riding from me. Perhaps in the future, we can setup a cooperative backriding scheme.

Sincerely,
    Monky

P.S. I love Zero.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2004 #2

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Ther's a fascinating thought: self-referential piggy back! Maybe the Chinese acrobats could do it?

4. May 12, 2004 #3

In before the move to general discussion....

When I was in Las Vegas last week, I saw a show called "mystere"
    http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/ent_mystere.asp
    I got free tickets that would normally cost 100 bucks. Before hand, I would have NEVER thought of paying that to see a show. Afterwards, I realize I would happily have spent every single penny! It was incredible! And yes, they could do it :eek:

5. May 18, 2004 #4
    I don't believe you.
    Prove it.

6. May 18, 2004 #5
    ... is Zero still on PF ?
    I believed he left. :biggrin:

7. May 18, 2004 #6
    I get a weekly threat of banning if I don't stop doing something or another. If I disappear one day, it wasn't by my own devices :)

8. May 18, 2004 #7
    I dunno how I can prove that I really did like the acrobats, however I guess it is possible that I am a conspirator trying to garner more business for the mystere team!!! :eek:

9. May 18, 2004 #8
    Everytime I see the word phatmonky I'm always reminded of that beastie boys song. "...brass monkey, the funky monkey"

How did you come up with that name, and why of all words in the dictionary did you pick that one?

10. May 18, 2004 #9

It was done as a sort of joke 10 years ago. It stuck when I realized other names I would prefer were taken on boards, e-mail, etc.
    Not many people spell both fat and monkey wrong :p

11. May 18, 2004 #10
    It seems to have stuck (at least with modern society) as now many things in stores are called phat. Even large shirts with "fat is phat" and such and such.

12. May 18, 2004 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Mystere is awesome. I've seen it twice, it changes a little from time to time, but always incredible. Do they still have those two guys that do (I don't know how to describe it), not acrobatics, not gymnastics, ack, I can't think. :grumpy: Anyway, they were unbelieveable.

13. May 18, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

with Zero gone, does that mean i can be General Discussion Mentor?? oh please oh please!!!

14. May 18, 2004 #13
    since when did zero leave?

15. May 18, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

I dunno, I heard it from a guy who knows this guy who got told by some dude who carries a dog under his arm

16. May 18, 2004 #15
    Sounds pretty credible :biggrin:. He's probably just on an extended bathroom break or something.

17. May 18, 2004 #16
    I checked, his last post was dated almost a week ago. Could he be working out fanatically? Hey Zero, come back soon, your absence is acutely felt here :biggrin:

18. May 18, 2004 #17

Evo

I swear I saw zero online earlier, but he's not posting. Very strange. :confused:

I really miss him.

19. May 18, 2004 #18

Tsu

Gold Member

Well, let's see... He just recently moved to Florida... Great beaches, sunshine, boats, Cape Canaveral.. Ya know... Zero may just have gone and got himself a LIFE!!! :surprise: :biggrin:

20. May 18, 2004 #19
    Or found a girl.. Yiks. You know how those things turn out... Dude broke and depressed, girl ditched him... Yeah...

21. May 18, 2004 #20

Evo

Well, he was on that diet and working out. Yep, zero is probably resident stud on some beach now, a bikini clad babe on each arm.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?