Did I Accidentally Give You a Piggy Back Ride? Apology Inside!

• News
  • Thread starter member 5645
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touches on various topics such as a member leaving the forum, a show in Las Vegas, the origin of a username, and speculations about a member's whereabouts. The conversation also includes discussions about Zero's possible reasons for leaving and the potential involvement of government agencies in monitoring online activity. Overall, the conversation is light-hearted and filled with jokes and speculations.
member 5645
Since I only really post in this forum, this is only appropriate here.
Please, take this as notice I never meant to be there and am hereforth removing myself from this position.
It's not that I don't enjoy the possibility of getting a free piggy back ride, I simply didn't mean to get on anyone's back.

Please accept this as an apology to anyone who got any unfair back riding from me. Perhaps in the future, we can setup a cooperative backriding scheme.

Monky

P.S. I love Zero.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ther's a fascinating thought: self-referential piggy back! Maybe the Chinese acrobats could do it?

selfAdjoint said:
Ther's a fascinating thought: self-referential piggy back! Maybe the Chinese acrobats could do it?

In before the move to general discussion...

When I was in Las Vegas last week, I saw a show called "mystere"
http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/ent_mystere.asp
I got free tickets that would normally cost 100 bucks. Before hand, I would have NEVER thought of paying that to see a show. Afterwards, I realize I would happily have spent every single penny! It was incredible! And yes, they could do it :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe you.
Prove it.

phatmonky said:
P.S. I love Zero.
... is Zero still on PF ?
I believed he left. :biggrin:

pelastration said:
... is Zero still on PF ?
I believed he left. :biggrin:
I get a weekly threat of banning if I don't stop doing something or another. If I disappear one day, it wasn't by my own devices :)

Nommos Prime (Dogon) said:
I don't believe you.
Prove it.

I don't know how I can prove that I really did like the acrobats, however I guess it is possible that I am a conspirator trying to garner more business for the mystere team! :eek:

Everytime I see the word phatmonky I'm always reminded of that beastie boys song. "...brass monkey, the funky monkey"

How did you come up with that name, and why of all words in the dictionary did you pick that one?

The_Professional said:
Everytime I see the word phatmonky I'm always reminded of that beastie boys song. "...brass monkey, the funky monkey"

How did you come up with that name, and why of all words in the dictionary did you pick that one?

It was done as a sort of joke 10 years ago. It stuck when I realized other names I would prefer were taken on boards, e-mail, etc.
Not many people spell both fat and monkey wrong :p

It seems to have stuck (at least with modern society) as now many things in stores are called phat. Even large shirts with "fat is phat" and such and such.

phatmonky said:
In before the move to general discussion...

When I was in Las Vegas last week, I saw a show called "mystere"
http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/ent_mystere.asp
I got free tickets that would normally cost 100 bucks. Before hand, I would have NEVER thought of paying that to see a show. Afterwards, I realize I would happily have spent every single penny! It was incredible! And yes, they could do it :eek:
Mystere is awesome. I've seen it twice, it changes a little from time to time, but always incredible. Do they still have those two guys that do (I don't know how to describe it), not acrobatics, not gymnastics, ack, I can't think. :grumpy: Anyway, they were unbelieveable.

Last edited by a moderator:
with Zero gone, does that mean i can be General Discussion Mentor?? oh please oh please!

since when did zero leave?

I dunno, I heard it from a guy who knows this guy who got told by some dude who carries a dog under his arm

Sounds pretty credible :biggrin:. He's probably just on an extended bathroom break or something.

I checked, his last post was dated almost a week ago. Could he be working out fanatically? Hey Zero, come back soon, your absence is acutely felt here :biggrin:

I swear I saw zero online earlier, but he's not posting. Very strange. :confused:

I really miss him.

Well, let's see... He just recently moved to Florida... Great beaches, sunshine, boats, Cape Canaveral.. Ya know... Zero may just have gone and got himself a LIFE! :surprise: :biggrin:

Or found a girl.. Yiks. You know how those things turn out... Dude broke and depressed, girl ditched him... Yeah...

Well, he was on that diet and working out. Yep, zero is probably resident stud on some beach now, a bikini clad babe on each arm.

yeah, I miss him too, almost this :cry: much. :biggrin:

Hey, I live in Florida- does anyone know which beach? :rofl:

:P Get some muscles and the beach will come to you!

Just go stand in the middle of each beach and scream at the top of your lungs:
ZERO!
:surprise::biggrin::surprise::biggrin::surprise::biggrin:

edit: well, that's weird. I'm editing the biggrin booboo and there is no space in the word like there is in the post. Must be forum gremlins...

Last edited:
Maybe Zero went into hiding when they started talking about calling up the Inactive Ready Reserve. Can you imagine Zero being packed off to Iraq?

Njorl

Njorl said:
Maybe Zero went into hiding when they started talking about calling up the Inactive Ready Reserve. Can you imagine Zero being packed off to Iraq?
Indeed. But I prefer the beach-scenario.

On the other hand I think that such events may open unpleasant and hidden memories for former soldiers, reservists and veterans. That's also part of the costs of such war. I hope it's not the case for Zero.

Bush-Rooted

The CIA/NSA probably took him out or rooted his family and dog, for giving fair and balanced dialogue/criticism regarding the state of the USA.

:smile: I sent him a private message just now, hopefully he will surface soon.

highly unlikely... Dun scare him away with all these messages...

So I see this is now the Zero rumor thread. The FBI picked him up for questioning for calling Ollie North a traitor :)

On a serious note, you'd be in la la land if you don't think there are no FBI agents browsing this site...

or PRC agents. To be honest I have always had some apprehension about disclosing "state secrets" inadvertently. Some day if I disappear altogether, you will know that I am probably locked up for talking about Tibet/corruption in the PRC etc :uhh: .

Did you kids really think I would leave?

Zero said:
Did you kids really think I would leave?

*SIGH!*

Now I can die happy :smile:

So there is no chance of me being a general discussion mentor then... :cry:

WELCOME BACK Zero!

:wink: :approve: :biggrin:

1. What is "Did I Accidentally Give You a Piggy Back Ride?"

"Did I Accidentally Give You a Piggy Back Ride?" is a phrase that is often used as a humorous apology for unintentionally carrying someone on your back.

2. Is it a common phrase?

Yes, it is a common phrase used in casual settings among friends and acquaintances.

3. Why is it used as an apology?

The phrase is used as an apology because it acknowledges and takes responsibility for the action of carrying someone on your back without their consent or knowledge.

4. Is it appropriate to use in formal settings?

No, it is not appropriate to use in formal settings as it is a casual and humorous phrase.

5. What is the best way to respond if someone says this to me?

The best way to respond would be with a light-hearted and understanding attitude, such as saying "No worries, I forgive you!" or "Haha, it's all good!"