Could You Carry Away a Million Dollars in One Dollar Bills?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the protagonist would not want to take the money if it was in one dollar bills and could only carry it away in small quantities. With a million dollars, he would want to buy the person a green dress, furniture for their house, and hire people to write him better lyrics.
tribdog
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?
Can I bring a pick-up truck? :biggrin: I just want to see the teller's expression when I deposit it.

damn, I forgot to say no nerd answers. no you can't bring a pick up truck

Conveyor belt?

Do I have to carry it all away at once?

Can I use a leaf blower?

leaf blower is good, screw the rest of you

"How much does $1 million weigh? That would depend on the denomination of the bills you use. Since there are 490 notes in a pound, if you used $1 bills it would weigh 2,040.8 pounds, but if you used $100 bills it would weigh only 20.4 pounds."

Ans: Hell no. If it were in 100's, yes.

that's why I stipulated one dollar bills in the original problem. I'm sure you caught that right away though and just gave the answer you gave to be thorough, being the mythbuster you are

If I had all those bills, I would stuff it in my bed, and make sweet love to it.

tribdog said:

If I had a million dollars,
I'd buy a you a green dress,
But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

If I had a million dollars,
I'd buy you furniture for your house,
Maybe a nice Chesterfield, or an Ottoman!

If I had a million dollars
I'd hire people to write me better lyrics.

russ_watters said:
The lyrics are funny ... especially the last line.

A million dollars would put you in the top 1% asset-wise. If you decided to live on it while making sure the principal increased with inflation, you'd get around 50,000 a year.

russ_watters said:

I'd build a tree fort in our yard
If I had million dollars
You could help, it wouldn't be that hard
If I had million dollars
Maybe we could put like a little tiny fridge in there somewhere
You know, we could just go up there and hang out
Like open the fridge and stuff
There would already be laid out foods for us
Like little pre-wrapped sausages and things

They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon
Well, can you blame 'em
Uh, yeah

tribdog said:
i'd say let me try, and just grab whatever i could and run away from you really fast.

1. What would you do if you had a million dollars?

If I had a million dollars, I would invest a portion of it in stocks and mutual funds to secure my financial future. I would also donate a significant amount to charities and organizations that support causes I am passionate about. Lastly, I would use the remaining funds to travel and experience different cultures and cuisines.

2. How long would a million dollars last me?

The answer to this question depends on how you manage and spend the money. If you invest wisely and budget your expenses, a million dollars could last you for decades. However, if you spend recklessly, it could potentially run out within a few years.

3. Is a million dollars enough to retire comfortably?

It depends on the lifestyle you want to have during retirement. If you live a modest lifestyle and have no major expenses, a million dollars could be enough to retire comfortably. However, if you have expensive hobbies or medical needs, it may not be enough.

4. How would you invest a million dollars?

As a scientist, I am not a financial expert, but I would diversify my investments by putting some money in low-risk options like index funds and bonds, and some in higher-risk options like stocks. I would also consult with a financial advisor to make informed decisions.

5. What are some smart ways to use a million dollars?

Some smart ways to use a million dollars include investing in real estate, starting a business, paying off high-interest debts, and saving for retirement. It is also essential to set aside some money for emergencies and to seek professional financial advice before making any major decisions.