Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If I had the money

1. Jun 10, 2010 #1

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

We've probably all dreamt at one time or another about what you would do if you had all the money that you ever wanted. I think that this would fun - buy the http://graydesign.se/" and get a free car.

So, what would you do if you had enough money?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2010 #2

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Obviously not a fan of the "well lived life is the best revenge" philosophy

4. Jun 10, 2010 #3
    I would buy a ski-boat...and ski

5. Jun 10, 2010 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Right. Some people think revenge is the best revenge.

6. Jun 10, 2010 #5
    Buy several hundred acres of land, build a hobbit hole-ish style home in more or less the center of it. Spend my time growing crops, brewing ales, smoking southfarthing pipe-weed, and all the while ignoring the world.

Investments will take care of income, so wouldn't need to work for income, but I'd work the land and do as I please.

7. Jun 10, 2010 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Sorry! I'm too busy (to enjoy my life) to post here!:biggrin:

going to trips around the world, buying a house and I guess I try to help sick and poor people. Who knows? Maybe spending that on researchs on incurable diseases

And it never accurs to them : 2 wrongs don't make a right!:rolleyes:

8. Jun 10, 2010 #7
    If I had an infinite supply of money, I'd hire some slaves to go to my job instead of me having to wake up so early to go.

9. Jun 10, 2010 #8
    Buy an island or two.

10. Jun 10, 2010 #9

turbo

Gold Member

I'd buy all the land around one of my favorite trout ponds and build a modest lodge out there as a permanent residence. I'd still garden and split firewood, etc, but I'd have the opportunity to take a quick dip and do a bit of fly-fishing after getting sweaty.

11. Jun 10, 2010 #10
    But 3 rights make a left.
    I'm living the life now, not waiting for money.

12. Jun 10, 2010 #11
    I'd by a gymnasium and set up a ping pong arena. Then I'd get a high quality sound system and Lamborghini.

13. Jun 10, 2010 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'd buy a penguin.

14. Jun 10, 2010 #13

turbo

Gold Member

You'd also need a nice cool aquarium/habitat and a bunch of penguin buddies. Penguins are quite social critters and would not appreciate isolation.

15. Jun 10, 2010 #14
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  16. Jun 10, 2010 #15
    Honestly? Nothing in particular. Buy a ton of collectible figures and novelty toys, maybe? I'd get a nice estate and a fair amount of land, and some nice high-tech equipment in my home. A nice car, too. Other than that, there's nothing I really long for that I can't get by normal means.

17. Jun 10, 2010 #16
    I wouldn't touch it, things that are worth something are mostly free and the rest is only fun when you have made the achievement yourself. I have a ton of money saved up that I don't touch since there isn't anything I want to spend it on.

18. Jun 10, 2010 #17
    If I had the money...

solar panels for everyone, and gravity research

19. Jun 10, 2010 #18
    I would finish getting my pilots licence and then either buy, build, or restore a Spitfire...those planes are works of beauty.

I would also spend some time attaching buttered bread onto the backs of cats and sell them as anti-gravity devices.

20. Jun 10, 2010 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd buy Tsu and I an Su-37, and an F-22, along with personal training pilots.

I flew Air Combat once and had the time of my life - literally. It easily rates as one of the top five experiences of my life. I hope to fly a fighter jet before I'm too old, through Incredible Adventures, or a similar company. Some dreams are within reach without first getting rich [or joining the military!].
    http://www.aircombat.com/
    http://www.incredible-adventures.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LECDwRhs4w

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  21. Jun 10, 2010 #20
    Only reason I like money is because it is scarce. Had I have too much money, everything would become invaluable, I might move to a cave. :rofl:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook