Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If I have an A.A. Degree

  1. Aug 16, 2010 #1
    If I have an Associates in arts degree, do I have to take the SAT/ACT to transfer into any university in any American state? Also, I have student loans and if I transfer to another university outside of my state(Florida), does it effect my student loans?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Most American universities don't require the SAT or ACT if you're a transfer, but a few do. I transfered to the University of Washington from a CC and had to take it. You'll have to check with the specific university that you're interested in, to learn what the requirements are.

    If you aren't sure yet what school you will attend, you might want to take one of the tests now (if you can afford it), just in case. That way if it turns out you need it, you won't have to scramble.

    I don't think your loans will be affected by transferring.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook