Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If Jesus Christ returns for Judgement day, I will

1. May 3, 2003 #1
    sponser PF for an entire year.

eNtRopY

2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2003 #2
    It will probably take you a year to pull yourself up off the floor.

4. May 5, 2003 #3
    I'll willingly go to hell and sponsor PF for an eternity if JC ever turns up again in any neighborhood.

5. May 5, 2003 #4
    but it ain't going to happen
    reruns are only on TV
    not for mangods

if it did happen which cults mangod
    would we be subject to??
    catholic
    baptist
    moonie
    7th dayer
    jerry foulwell's
    or coptic
    or gostic

somebody will be disaponited
    no matter what

but I think they all, will be still waiting,
    in a million years time!!!

6. May 5, 2003 #5
    If Jesus returns, I think he will be sued by UN for not using his power and brutally letting so many people die in various wars and conflicts since AD 33.

He'll probably be death sentenced (via crucifiction).

7. May 5, 2003 #6
    I would pably say "oh... crap... oh crap no it's true...ok i beter get out of here before someone rembers I dident beilive" THen i would join every other nonbeliving culture on their rocket ship to a distant godless planet

8. May 5, 2003 #7

megashawn

Science Advisor

hmm, interesting question.

If jesus were to show up, well, I'd say that would be proof of his existance, and I would no longer be a non believer, because now I know its real.

If he is the tyrant that christianity blindly makes him out to be, then I will join N_Quire and most everyone else here in hell. Even some of our christian members will be there, so we can continue our arguments for eternity.

But seriously, he was supposed to be back in 2000. He didn't come, and now everyone changes there story.

Now I've a question for you. What will you do when the Mayan's day of destruction occurs in 2012?

9. May 5, 2003 #8
    Where does this 'rumour' emanate from? I've often wondered because I've heard it before, on many occaisions.

10. May 5, 2003 #9
    I did a search on www.yournotme.com and there is noone over the age of 18 in the UK called Jesus Christ.

Considering that people can change their name to whatever they want, Im surprised that no leader of a cult or something didnt change their name to it.

If there had been, then there would have been nothing stopping us from demanding that these people sponsor PF.

11. May 5, 2003 #10

megashawn

Science Advisor

My first memorys of hearing it was when I was 4 years old. My cousin was reading the bible to me and told me about how Armageddon would happen in the "new Millineum" and that would be the end of the world.

After that, various believers from various parts of the south east said/believed it. I also remember going to a few rivivals over the years and remember it being said "The new millenium is approaching, soon Christ will return" and other such nonsense.

Then of course there were tons of people who went out to buy generators and bomb shelters in preparation for 2000.

But its also worth nothing that at or around almost every century change, people believe it will be the end of the world.

The rumour emanates from the people who created it, believers in imaginary storys.

12. May 5, 2003 #11

megashawn

Science Advisor

You should try it for Mexico or a southwestern US state.

13. May 6, 2003 #12
    the bible says nothing of the sort (not even remotely close). the bible repeatedly says the day and hour are unknown.

and why even bother calling the bible an imaginary story? we all know all if it can't be proven(even though a lot of the old testament is being proven bit by bit), yet none of it has been proven false.

[rant]atheism deals with the premise that there is no god whereas theism deals with the premise that there is. both cannot be proven and both have no proof that supports their claim. from this i would say the most logical stance would be agnosticism.[/rant]IMO

14. May 6, 2003 #13
    not run.

15. May 6, 2003 #14
    I probably will. To the nearest shrink (till it's too late).

16. May 7, 2003 #15
    hee hee

i will have a loooooooooooong talk with him.:smile:

17. May 7, 2003 #16

megashawn

Science Advisor

As far as my previous post, nowhere did I say anything about reading it in the bible. I know it does not say it in the bible. You know it, we all know it. The point here is that at the turn of almost every century, people believe it is the end.

And you are horribly wrong here. I've seen a show on the history channel talking about how the "slaved people of egypt" from exodus times were not slaves at all, but instead highly valued workers. There are also storys out there about mary being raped by a roman soldier, jesus having older siblings, etc, etc. Of course there origins are just as fishy as the bible. There are tons of innacuracys and flat out blatent clashes with reality. To many for this thread.

There is not one single good reason to or not to believe in god. There are tons of reasons not to believe in the warped christian version of one. Before you try to prove to me why your belief is the correct route, show me why all the thousands of others are not.

18. May 7, 2003 #17
    well you said someone was reading the bible to you and said it...

also the show on the history channel was about the pyramids, not the people of the exodus. in fact the exodus is dated around 1552bc whereas the pyramids were dated around 2500bc. by the way did you see the show on the same channel that proved that around the time of the exodus there was a huge volcano that caused a tsunami that could have cause the "sea of reeds" to fall back making a land bridge for a couple hours? of course the bible says the red or dead sea (i have no clue), but the dead sea scrolls specifically say "sea of reeds" (im not a fundie, dont bother with the "OH SO TODAYS BIBLE ISNT 100% ACCURATE" bull).

and you're missing my point completely. im not trying to prove that the christian god is the true god(when did i say this?), im not trying to say others arent(didn't say that either). im saying there is nothing in the bible proven false by history and everything else in it is basically metaphysical that cannot be proven one way or another. you say there are tons of inconsitencies, yet you only show one that in turn is completely false. dont bring up silly little contradictions, again im not a fundie, bring something proven false by documented history.

19. May 8, 2003 #18

megashawn

Science Advisor

I only brought up one due to time constraints and the fact that I hate repeating myself.

And you are confusing different shows.

And we are hijacking this thread.

If I'm missing your point, what exactly is it?

20. May 8, 2003 #19
    i think you need to see the show again...

they found the city that was thought to have been built by the israelites, this was an egyptian city (large one at that). you're obviously combining two shows (that were running one after the other) into one. the pyramids were not made by slave labor, ramses and pithom were according to modern archeology. also for the record, they found the mummy of the pharoah from the time of the exodus, his "hymn of victory" mentions israel and it is also written that his son died at a young age. wait for the show to come on again and watch it...

and yes were completely off topic, who cares?

and my point is described in the prior post.

im still waiting for your "tons of innacuracys and flat out blatent clashes with reality.", just find one that history proves false (a story, not a name of a city/person/etc those change too often in history).

21. May 9, 2003 #20
    Start with Genesis. Creating Earth, plants, animals, waters, Moon, Sun, firmament, etc 6K years ago - all plain false story. Move on then to Adam and Eve, to Moses holding Sun by bare hands (and "getting tired" after doing so during 2 days), waters moving out of way of one army and returning back to bury another army, or Jesus walking over waters, and later miracleousely resurrecting after death, etc etc - plain tales for mentally retarded.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?