1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If someone can help me with the correct equation to use, I would be gratly obliged!

1. Nov 18, 2009 #1
    A 2.0 kg, 1.0 m long rigistic plastic rod is spinning about its center of mas at 2.1 rad/s. What is the magnitude of torque that will bring the rod to a halt in 5.0 s?

A.) 0.07 N*m
    B.) 0.13 N*m
    C.) 0.21 N*m

If you could help me set up the proper equation to use, I would greatly appreciate this.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2009 #2

rl.bhat

Homework Helper

Re: If someone can help me with the correct equation to use, I would be gratly oblige

If ωi is initial angular velocity. ωf is the final angular velocity and α is the angular acceleration then
    ωf = ωi + α*t.
    From the given values find α.
    Torque = Ια.

4. Nov 18, 2009 #3
    Re: If someone can help me with the correct equation to use, I would be gratly oblige

Thanks Brotha!!!!!:bugeye:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook