Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If SUSY explains E-w scale breaking, does it require a little Higgs at Tevatron energ

  1. Dec 7, 2007 #1
    To date, the little higgs implied by some SUSY models requires higgs of energies less than 130 GEV, which Fermilab's Tevatron has not yet seen.

    These models do help explain EW breaking, however,

    If SUSY explains E-w scale breaking, does it require a little Higgs at Tevatron energies?

    I recognize it is only 95% so there is still a 5% chance it should see it, but does not seeing a little Higgs at Tevatron rule out SUSY as an explanation of EW scale breaking, with 95% confidence?
     
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2007 #2
    Do you mean little Higgs or the lightest higgs in the MSSM?

    Either way, I don't think that the Tevatron has reached the LEP limit of 114.4 GeV yet. And I don't think that 130 GeV is reachable---I think they expect to reach 115 or 120 GeV by the time the thing shuts down and they analyze all of the data. (I'm just recalling numbers here, but I think this is right.)
     
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?



Similar Discussions: If SUSY explains E-w scale breaking, does it require a little Higgs at Tevatron energ
  1. Higgs and SUSY (Replies: 6)

Loading...