If the Hornets win the play-offs, I will

• Thread starter N_Quire
  • Start date

N_Quire

sponsor PF for a whole year. I promise.

climbhi

Originally posted by N_Quire
sponsor PF for a whole year. I promise.
Wow are they loosing that bad. Okay, if Utah wins the NCAA Championships I'll sponsor PF for three years. Oh wait, doh, they already lost. Ohh well.

N_Quire

Hang on, at the time of writing the Hornets were only 2-1 down in the series against Philly. I am still sticking my neck out and I love New Orleans.

climbhi

Hang on, at the time of writing the Hornets were only 2-1 down in the series against Philly. I am still sticking my neck out and I love New Orleans.
When the heck did they move to New Orleans? I thought that they were still in Charlotte. Man I'm outta things. I also heard that theres a new football team, like the Houston Texans or something. What is up with all this, I need a tv, seriously!

N_Quire

Yep, they moved from Charlotte to New Orleans and are doing fine there.

N_Quire

The Hornets won game 5. 76ers lead them 3-2.

climbhi

So do you have a bet on the series or something that if you win you get a large amount of money to fund a year of pf with ... or do you just really like the Hornets and PF?

N_Quire

Yes to all questions

climbhi

Yes to all questions
Nice! PF should find a user who's big into sports and good at calling games and get him (notice I'm being a terrible sexist here and automatically assuming it would be a guy) to enter all sorts of office pools to fund pf. Nah just kidding, maybe if this were a sports forum it would work though....

It has been a good series, the last 2 games at least, so far. I watch last night, and I am a 76ers fan, so I was disappointed, I do think the Hornets are a good team, and certainly have a lot of talent, but if they can't dispose of th 76ers easily, there is no chance of them winning or even getting to the finals.

But hey, it could happen:smile: I'm going for T-Wolves.

N_Quire

76ers are favorites for sure. The Hornets seem to lack that last bit of extra magic that could lift them.

N_Quire

oh well, the 76ers beat the Hornets.

megashawn

Science Advisor
ya, the hornets are a buncha damn traders. They were whining about needing a new stadium, and this was right after 9/11 and Charlotte was more concerned with security then getting the losing B-ball team a new stadium, so they packed up and left.

I hear we're (NC) getting a new team soon though.

ALthough I'm sure PF could use the year long sponsorship, I hope the hornets lose miserably.