Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If the Hornets win the play-offs, I will

1. Apr 28, 2003 #1
    sponsor PF for a whole year. I promise.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2003 #2
    Wow are they loosing that bad. Okay, if Utah wins the NCAA Championships I'll sponsor PF for three years. Oh wait, doh, they already lost. Ohh well.

4. Apr 28, 2003 #3
    Hang on, at the time of writing the Hornets were only 2-1 down in the series against Philly. I am still sticking my neck out and I love New Orleans.

5. Apr 28, 2003 #4
    When the heck did they move to New Orleans? I thought that they were still in Charlotte. Man I'm outta things. I also heard that theres a new football team, like the Houston Texans or something. What is up with all this, I need a tv, seriously!

6. Apr 28, 2003 #5
    Yep, they moved from Charlotte to New Orleans and are doing fine there.

7. Apr 30, 2003 #6
    The Hornets won game 5. 76ers lead them 3-2.

8. Apr 30, 2003 #7
    So do you have a bet on the series or something that if you win you get a large amount of money to fund a year of pf with ... or do you just really like the Hornets and PF?

9. May 1, 2003 #8
    Yes to all questions

10. May 1, 2003 #9
    Nice! PF should find a user who's big into sports and good at calling games and get him (notice I'm being a terrible sexist here and automatically assuming it would be a guy) to enter all sorts of office pools to fund pf. Nah just kidding, maybe if this were a sports forum it would work though....

11. May 1, 2003 #10
    It has been a good series, the last 2 games at least, so far. I watch last night, and I am a 76ers fan, so I was disappointed, I do think the Hornets are a good team, and certainly have a lot of talent, but if they can't dispose of th 76ers easily, there is no chance of them winning or even getting to the finals.

But hey, it could happen:smile: I'm going for T-Wolves.

12. May 1, 2003 #11
    76ers are favorites for sure. The Hornets seem to lack that last bit of extra magic that could lift them.

13. May 3, 2003 #12
    oh well, the 76ers beat the Hornets.

14. May 8, 2003 #13

megashawn

Science Advisor

ya, the hornets are a buncha damn traders. They were whining about needing a new stadium, and this was right after 9/11 and Charlotte was more concerned with security then getting the losing B-ball team a new stadium, so they packed up and left.

I hear we're (NC) getting a new team soon though.

ALthough I'm sure PF could use the year long sponsorship, I hope the hornets lose miserably.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?