If you could time travel

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I'd go to the mid-eighties and invest in Microsoft, Dell, Oracle, and other software/computer companies, then come back and cash out about half of it. Then I'd open a sports bar, get married and have some kids. I'd probably get a ton of degrees in my spare time as well.

i will go back and seek guidance from newton and einstein..and will promote peace and prevent WW2. Its simply our wrong placement of contention and greed has lead to wars. I hope the pple who started war regretted what they have done...

I would need a time machine just so I would have enough time in my life to go back and see for myself all the things that I would want to see and verify and meet or at least see, witness for myself all the people that I would want to meet or see. I don't think that I would want to go to the future unless it was to make enough money to be able to afford doing all of the above.

As far as changing things in the past, it can't be done unless you believe in the many universes thing. If something was changed in our past then it is already part of our history. Can history change? Then the change in our history would be part of our history, ad infinitum, ad nausium.
All of these paradoxes and being locked into loops is probably why it isn't allowed by mere mortals such as ourselves.

I would go back as far as time would let me(assuming I could come home safely)