Main Question or Discussion Point
Suppose you had a moment with fate and could have any question answered. No matter how complicated. What question would you ask?
What a waste, $5 for the whole universe. And you probably would get a no too lolCan I borrow 5 bucks?
Gravity was certain to come up. You're last 3 non-cheat questions are unfortunately out of my scope =)Very personal answer : How to solve the mass-gap problem ?
Alternative possibilities (by decreasing order of preferences) of scientific questions :
- How to prove the Riemann hypothesis ?
- How to build a full quantum theory of gravity ?
- How to build a full quantum (twistor) non-commutative geometrical model of Nature ?
- How to build a full quantum string model of Nature ?
- How to build a full quantum loop gravity model of space-time ?
Many other scientific questions would be possible of course.
"Cheating" questions which would be nice to have answered could be
- How to solve all the Clay Mathematical Millenium problems ?
- What will be the content of all the Nobel prize lectures for the next 100 years ?
- How will the next not born yet richest person in world become the richest person in the world ?
do you mean the three number one that pays $50?"What will be the winning numbers for this week's lottery?"
I considered some other questions, like "How can I make the biggest impact in life?" but I already know my fates well enough that they'd tell me to jump in front of a truck.
Actually it was this related question!I'm sure you know the answer by now. God was preparing Hell for people which would ask themselves this question
In fact St. Augustine of Hippo in AD 426 goes on to say;"What was God doing before he made heaven and earth?
Confessions 11:12"My answer is not, "He was preparing Hell for people who pry into mysteries.” but "There was no time before heaven and earth were created,so how can anyone ask what you were doing then? If there were no time, there was no 'then'.