Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you had one wish`

1. May 25, 2005 #1
    What would that wish be.

You can't say, i'd wish for infinite wishes either

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2005 #2

Mk

Free cheese for everybody.

4. May 25, 2005 #3
    HOORAY THEN!

What about the lactose intolerants

5. May 25, 2005 #4

Mk

We'll implant the nessesary bacteria into their rectum.

6. May 25, 2005 #5
    That bacteria would turn to yogurt.

like, duh

7. May 25, 2005 #6

Mk

That's milk, not sh*t

8. May 25, 2005 #7
    Dude, No.

Just quit.

Make your wish, pinochio

9. May 25, 2005 #8
    Wisdom....unless Evo decides she can loosen her grip on the thermostat. :!!) If all else fails, a lifetime supply of white chocolate Reeses peanut butter cups.

10. May 25, 2005 #9
    ooooh yummm, chocolate lover?

11. May 25, 2005 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

Happiness to all people.
    I don't know what can make others happy but I think if I was health,I would be happy coz I can plan for my future :cry: but I know it's possible to be happy even with sickness and other problems.and sometimes you have everything but you can't be happy. :grumpy:

12. May 25, 2005 #11
    To be happy.

13. May 25, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

A free life-time subscription to PF.

Is that enough brown-nosing for you, Evo?

14. May 25, 2005 #13
    If I had one wish , I would like to know what universe looks like.

And If I was granted some more wishes,I would tell the bastard that infinite wishes not allowed..!

15. May 25, 2005 #14
    I think I'd be too afraid to make a wish and I'd tell the genie to take a hike. :bugeye: One doesn't grow up playing a lot of D&D without realizing almost any wish, no matter how carefully worded, can be corrupted horribly. For example, if I asked for a lifetime supply of chocolate (*not* white chocolate), the genie would probably hand me a candy bar. When I protested, 'hey! I said a lifetime supply,' he would inevitably respond with 'yep, that's all you'll need.' :devil:

I did find that episode of the X-Files where Mulder got 3 wishes to be pretty funny. IIRC, he made a wish for world peace and everyone in the world disappeared. The (female) genie rattling on about 'you're not going to ask for a huge member are you? I get so tired of that one' was hilarious too.

16. May 25, 2005 #15
    Not really, its just that particular combo that makes those little doo-dads taste so good!

17. May 25, 2005 #16
    YEAH! and when the dude was thinking about a wish and the genie was nodding at his brother in the wheelchair like, HELLO!, and he said a gold wheelchair!! DOH! Took invisibility instead and got whacked by a bus.

18. May 25, 2005 #17
    I forgot all about the 2 brothers! That part was hilarious. I need to find that episode and watch it again.

19. May 25, 2005 #18
    Can and will be.

20. May 25, 2005 #19
    I'd wish for for the Ultimate Answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything" really to be 42.

21. May 25, 2005 #20

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Reminds me of the old joke where there's an Irishman sat at the bar in his local. A leprechaun appears in front of him, and after a brief introduction says that he can grant the old man one wish. Paddy is stumped, and peering into his drink, decides he likes nothing more than a few quiet pints in the pub, so says "well, oi'll 'ave a never ending point o' Guinness!" The leprechaun grants the old man's wish. Sure enough, the old man downed his drink, and as he put the glass back on the table it instantly filled itself up again! The leprechaun says "well Paddy, seeing as that was such an easy wish to grant, I'll let you have one more wish". The old man thinks about it for a moment, and then goes "Ooh, oi'll 'ave the same again thanks!"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?