If you know Switched Reluctance motor me

• Thread starter m.n
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, the conversation is about asking for information on Switched Reluctance motors, specifically the country of manufacture and cost. The expert suggests doing a Google search for more information and also recommends adding the term "manufacturers" to the search for more specific results.
m.n
hi every one
Please every one if you have any information about Switched Reluctance motor tell me
such as this type of motor. What is the country of manufacture & cost

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
m.n said:
hi every one
Please every one if you have any information about Switched Reluctance motor tell me
such as this type of motor. What is the country of manufacture & cost

Welcome to the PF.

I did a Google search on your term, Switched Reluctance Motor, and got lots of hits, including some at wikipedia. Have a look at the hit list to see if it helps to answer your questions:

http://www.google.com/search?source...GGLL_enUS301US302&q=Switched+Reluctance+motor

thanks about your help
but i need infor about the source of manufacturing
and where they are made

Last edited by a moderator:
m.n said:
thanks about your help
but i need infor about the source of manufacturing
and where they are made

Then you add one more term to the Google search. Honestly :tongue2:

Do the Google search on this: switched reluctance motor manufacturers

Done.

1. What is a Switched Reluctance motor?

A Switched Reluctance motor is an electric motor that operates on the principle of reluctance torque. It uses the magnetic reluctance of the iron core to produce torque and does not require any permanent magnets or separate excitation windings.

2. How does a Switched Reluctance motor work?

A Switched Reluctance motor operates by changing the reluctance of the magnetic circuit, which causes the rotor to align with the stator poles. This creates a torque that drives the rotor to rotate. The switching of the currents in the stator windings is controlled by a controller, which determines the speed and direction of the motor.

3. What are the advantages of using a Switched Reluctance motor?

Switched Reluctance motors have several advantages, such as high torque density, high efficiency, and low cost. They also have a simple and robust design, making them suitable for a variety of applications. Additionally, they can operate at high speeds and have a wide speed range.

4. What are the applications of Switched Reluctance motors?

Switched Reluctance motors are commonly used in industrial and automotive applications, such as pumps, compressors, fans, and electric vehicles. They are also used in household appliances, such as washing machines and refrigerators, due to their high efficiency and low cost.

5. How does a Switched Reluctance motor compare to other types of motors?

Compared to other types of motors, Switched Reluctance motors have a simpler and more robust design, making them easier to manufacture and maintain. They also have a higher efficiency and can operate at higher speeds. However, they may have higher mechanical vibrations and require a more sophisticated control system.