If you know the answer of these 5 Questios , me

• Thread starter togetherforever
  • Start date
In summary, the glycolytic pathway from glucose to pyruvic acid involves a lengthy series of different chemical reactions. Each individual reaction requires a molecule of ATP. NAD+ and a molecule of a specific enzyme. When a muscle cell is metabolizing glucose in the complete absence of molecular oxygen, which one of the following substances is not produced? Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, ATP, Pyruvic acid, Lactic acid, or Acetyl-CoA. When a molecule of glucose is completely broken down in a cell to water and CO2, some ATP molecules are synthesized by substrate-level phosphorylation and some by chemiosmotic phosphorylation via the electron- transport system
togetherforever
If you know the answer of these 5 Questios , please help me

1)The glycolytic pathway from glucose to pyruvic acid involves a lengthy series of different chemical reactions. Each individual reaction requires:
a) a molecule of ATP
b) a molecule of NAD+
c) a molecule of a specific enzyme
d) a molecule of NADP+

2) When a muscle cell is metabolizing glucose in the complete absence of molecular oxygen, which one of the following substances is not produced?
a) Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate
b)ATP
c)Pyruvic acid
d)Lactic acid
e)Acetyl-CoA

3)When a molecule of glucose is completely broken down in a cell to water and CO2, some ATP molecules are synthesized by substrate-level phosphorylation and some by chemiosmotic phosphorylation via the electron- transport system. What percentage of the total number of ATP molecules formed comes from the latter process?
a)94%
b)89%
c)83%
d)78%

4)Cyanide blocks the respiratory electron-transport chain. As a result of:
a)The Krebs cycle speeds up
b)Electrons and hydrogen cannot flow from NADH to oxygen
c)Three ATP molecules are produced for every pair of electrons
d)Production of water increases
e)Glycolysis is inhibited

5) Which metabolic pathway is a common pathway for both anaerobic and aerobic metabolism
a)The electron-transport chain
b)The citric acid cycle
c)Glycolysis
d)the oxidation of pyruvic acid
e)the formation of acetyl-CoA

Thanks

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show your work before we can offer any assistance. The key to answering these is to know and understand the reaction pathways described. If you need a starting point, go back to your textbook and look up the 5 metabolic pathways listed in problem 5 and work from those. Keep in mind, you're going to have to memorize those pathways for exams (or, at the very least, know what goes in and what comes out).

Err... this may not be very helpful, but I think that cyanides disrupt the respiratory cycle cause they form more stable complexes with haemoglobin than iron and hence cannot be displaced from the complexes. This disrupts the equilibrium and oxygen cannot be delivered to the cells...

Again... I read this somewhere when I was studying coordination compounds, so I am not sure how helpful this is to you...

1. How did you become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the world around me and have had a passion for understanding how things work. I pursued a degree in a scientific field and continued my education through research and practical experience.

2. What is the most exciting part of being a scientist?

The most exciting part of being a scientist is discovering something new and making a contribution to the scientific community. It's also very rewarding to see your research and experiments make a positive impact on society.

3. What is the most challenging part of being a scientist?

The most challenging part of being a scientist is the constant pursuit of knowledge and the ever-evolving nature of science. It requires a lot of hard work, dedication, and adaptability to keep up with new discoveries and advancements in the field.

4. What advice do you have for someone interested in pursuing a career in science?

My advice would be to never stop learning and to always stay curious. Keep an open mind and be willing to explore different areas of science. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and seek guidance from experienced scientists.

5. What is one misconception about scientists that you would like to address?

One common misconception about scientists is that we all work alone in a lab, wearing lab coats and goggles. In reality, science is a collaborative effort and involves working with other scientists, researchers, and experts in various fields. Also, not all scientists wear lab coats and goggles, but safety is always a top priority in any experiment!