Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.

1. Nov 15, 2009 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

- Sarah Palin

I find it rather amazing that after all of the PC crap we have endure over the years, not the least of which was intended to ensure the respectful treatment of women, the idea that men are fair game for cheap shots is hardly ever considered.

Can you imagine turning the tables? What if someone like Biden made the reverse comment about women? Can you imagine Palin's reaction?

Either she is a hypocrite, or a sexist, or both.

Many people are flatly denying comments that Palin attributes to them in her book, so maybe she is a bald-faced liar as well.

I hope the Republicans run her again in 2012. :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2009 #2
    lol Is this from her new book coming out?

4. Nov 15, 2009 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm...I think she's right on that one. :biggrin:

*ducks and runs*

5. Nov 15, 2009 #4

drizzle

Gold Member

I lolled at the title, and once I realize it’s one of her quotes I double lolled :rofl:

6. Nov 15, 2009 #5
    Yeah, another "shoe-in" for Obama. God forbid a credible contender emerges...

7. Nov 15, 2009 #6

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gasp, a Palin bashing thread?

Can you imagine turning the tables? What if someone made a thread like this about Biden? :tongue:

8. Nov 15, 2009 #7
    I forgot where it was, Richard Dawkins said something like in regards to human intelligence: "on one hand we have Albert Einstein and on the other Sarah Palin."

9. Nov 15, 2009 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Biden? Come to think of it, where IS Biden? Is he bound and gagged in a closet somewhere in the White House? I haven't heard as much as a peep out of him since he was telling people not to fly this summer when swine flu was just starting to get reported. :uhh:

10. Nov 15, 2009 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's such an awesome visual!

11. Nov 15, 2009 #10

turbo

Gold Member

Biden is hiding in Cheney's man-sized safe. It's true!

12. Nov 15, 2009 #11

turbo

Gold Member

If Katie Couric asked Joe Biden what periodicals he reads, he would give an hour-long dissertation on which periodicals he reads and why, and discuss some of the more compelling articles he read in the recent past. Palin couldn't even come up with a plausible lie to that softball Couric question. Bash Biden if you don't like his politics, but lets's not pretend that Palin is in his league, intellectually. McCain picked her because she was a FEMALE conservative with some physical attraction, and by doing so, he possibly set the GOP back for at least a couple of presidential election cycles. Romney, Pawlenty, etc are going to charge the next primary cycle on the "I'm not Palin" bandwagon.

Gwen Ifil told David Brooks not to discount Palin as a "joke" because her candidacy would resonate with women whose voices are often not heard. She should stick to straight reporting - political analysis is not her strong suit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  13. Nov 15, 2009 #12
    Is "mentally handicapped women" even a demographic?

14. Nov 15, 2009 #13

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

(irrelevant and other stuff snipped)

Ivan made a post titled with a common humorous jab, complained about political correctness, and then made a ninety degree turn to go Palin bashing. What does "intellectual" have to do with it?

15. Nov 15, 2009 #14

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Or - *gasp* - Obama?

16. Nov 16, 2009 #15
    Obama? He is untouchable. Oprah is protecting him.

17. Nov 16, 2009 #16
    "Don't you touch my Obama!"

18. Nov 17, 2009 #17
    Well when you have something as big as a barn infront of you it is hard to be touched. :tongue2:

19. Nov 17, 2009 #18

DavidSnider

Gold Member

"If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman", said Sarah as Todd smiled and nodded.

20. Nov 17, 2009 #19

turbo

Gold Member

If you want to characterize a vacuous idiot with a Margaret Thatcher quote this one might be a bit more appropriate:

“Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.” I suggest substituting "powerful" with "intelligent". Palin is neither, but at least approximated the former relation (in some twisted way) due to McCain's brain-damage. There is no way that the US should have been inflicted with a McCain/Palin administration. The mere possibility that it was a viable ballot choice should make us consider our system of governance.

21. Nov 17, 2009 #20
    Reverse gender bias is not uncommon nowadays... thanx to the 'politically correct' attitude of our over zealous lawmakers! It is considered a birth right of women to do some male bashing to relieve frustration, but all hell breaks loose if the reverse is ever attempted. The rise of the male chauvanist one might say!? :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook