If you were a planet which would you be?

• Thread starter DB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planet
In summary, the people asking the questions seem to be interested in planets that are either hot or small. Mercury is the hottest, and Alpha Centauri, a star, is the smallest. Pluto is the most remote, and Saturn is the coolest. Uranus would be the planet for those who want to be far away from the Earth, and Neptune would be dark and distant. Jupiter is the planet of beauty, and Alpha Centaury is the planet of distant observation. The person asking the questions would like to be Mercury, Venus, Saturn, or Pluto.
DB
If you were a planet which would you be?

I'd be mercury because itz da hottest... :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd be the sun, because the world revolves around me :tongue2:

I'd like to moon everybody :tongue2:
... but anywhere not suffering a shortage of large rocks would work. :smile:

Pluto, because my orbit is eccentric. :biggrin:

(Hmm... maybe it would make more sense to pick a comet :wink: )

That planet around 51 Pegasus. Fascinating, but obscure.

Last edited:
After thinking I'd be Pluto because it's the most remote, or Saturn with it's cool rings or Jupiter because it's full of gas, I'd have to say Earth because damn it, I like the color blue, and waves crashing on the beach and a soft breeze in my face and birds in the sky and little animals.

I can't wait for it any longer...

I'd like to be Uranus. :rofl:

(for obvious reasons)

saturn is the coolest

venus because I'd be the most beautiful and the hottest (sorry DB because there is a hottest planet but it ain't mercury! :tongue2: )

I'd like to be Saturn or Neptune. That way, I'd be close enough to see Uranus !

(this thread was just asking for it, wot ?)

Alpha Centaury. She always see the business from far away. And she has the opportunity to watch strange things that others cannot.

Alpha Centauri is a star.

Me? Jupiter. Or, preferably, one of the moons.

FZ+ said:
Or, preferably, one of the moons.
"One of the moons" is a moon.

Last edited:
FZ+ said:
Alpha Centauri is a star.

I knew it, but the Sun is also an star. And people here never take the question itself as the Bible. :yuck:

Gokul43201 said:
One of the moons is a moon.
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturn totally fascinates me.

I think I'd go with Mercury because it's small, fast, and rather eccentric. That seems to describe me well.

Oooo can I change my pick? I want to be the Earth so I'd be a live wire. But then I'm sure my liveliness would be lost amongst all you dead rocks. :biggrin:

Neptune. Dark swirling blue and remote. Thought to be boring before actually seen by space probe, it was actually found to be quite interesting with some of the solar system's most intense cloud movements.

I'd have to be jupiter, cos I am soo attractive!

I would like to be Pluto, becouse it has such a nice blue color.

PS We have a teacher of German we call Mars (becous Phobos and Demos rotet around it/her).

DB said:
I'd be mercury because itz da hottest... :cool:

oh! can I nitpick?!? :biggrin:

Actually, the surface of Venus is hotter than Mercury due to Venus' atmosphere (massive greenhouse effect).

Me? I'd be the Earth...that's where I keep all my stuff anyway.

Phobos said:
oh! can I nitpick?!?

Actually, the surface of Venus is hotter than Mercury due to Venus' atmosphere (massive greenhouse effect).

Andromeda321 said:
venus because I'd be the most beautiful and the hottest (sorry DB because there is a hottest planet but it ain't mercury! :tongue2: )

That nit's been double-picked!

poor nit. :frown:

I'd like to be Earth, if I could just get rid of all you itchy humans.

Mercury. Reminds me of me.. it is really hot and all the other planets chase after it.

Possibly one of the exo-planets - can't decide which one though. :biggrin:

Do I look okay when I wear this terrain? Is my equitorial bulge really noticable? No matter what I do I just can't get rid of it. Makes me so mad I could just spit, oh sorry Phuket.
I'll tell you, after the first billion years "heavy cloud cover" is the sweetest phrase you hear, and errosion's effects aren't so "Grand" anymore. Plus my policy doesn't cover "Rozonegaine"

1. What criteria would you use to determine which planet you would be?

As a scientist, I would use physical characteristics such as size, distance from the sun, composition, and any unique features to determine which planet I would be most similar to.

2. Would being a certain planet affect your personality or behavior?

No, being a planet is a purely hypothetical scenario and would not have any impact on my personality or behavior. It is simply a fun way to think about the characteristics and traits of different planets.

3. Can you explain the significance of choosing a particular planet?

The significance lies in the fact that each planet has its own distinct characteristics and represents a unique aspect of our solar system. By choosing a specific planet, it allows us to explore and learn more about its features and how it compares to other planets.

4. Is there any scientific basis to determine which planet you would be?

While there is no scientific method to determine which planet one would be, we can use scientific knowledge and data to make an educated guess based on similarities between ourselves and the physical features of a particular planet.

5. Can you be more than one planet at the same time?

No, as humans, we can only exist as one entity at a time. However, we can use our imagination and explore different aspects of different planets to better understand them and ourselves.