Is It Blasphemous for a God to Have Low Self-Esteem or Be Atheist?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of a god having low self-esteem and whether or not that would be considered blasphemy. The speakers also discuss the concept of a flawed and fallible god, as well as the possibility of creating someone too perfect to sleep with. Ultimately, the conversation ends with a humorous reference to a song about god's struggles with self-esteem.
Smurf
If you were god...

...and had low self-esteem, would that be blasphemy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps God attained his rather inflated ego via a process of natural selection, since all the self-hating Gods before him were required to smite themselves into oblivion. And God #1536 said "Let there be light", and there was light, but he wasn't happy with it and thought it could be much more energy-efficient, thus proving his own fallibity and disappearing inside a paradox?

What's this "if" thing?

edit: oh, sorry, misread. I thought you meant a god.

Last edited:
I don't know about self esteem, but I would make a taco so hot that even I couldn't eat it.

I would just compensate for my low self-esteem by creating billions of creatures that are vastly inferior to me.
Is that blasphemy?

Last edited:
Why would god care? If I were god and had a low self esteem I would make my penis larger, and then create numerous good looking women.

I just found another problem:

Could god create a woman so beautiful that she would be too stuck up to sleep with god?

You can't call yourself "God" when you have low self-esteem.

mattmns said:
Why would god care? If I were god and had a low self esteem I would make my penis larger, and then create numerous good looking women.

I just found another problem:

Could god create a woman so beautiful that she would be too stuck up to sleep with god?
And you could hum along with da vinci's notebook's great hit, to be loaded down from here:
http://www.davincisnotebook.com/sounds.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
...and had low self-esteem, would that be blasphemy?
If you were god...

...and were atheist.

If you were god...

1. What would you do if you were God?

If I were God, I would use my omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence to create a perfect and harmonious world where everyone is treated with love, kindness, and equality. I would also eliminate all suffering and injustice, and promote peace and understanding among all beings.

2. Would you intervene in human affairs if you were God?

As an omnipotent being, I would have the power to intervene in human affairs, but I would also respect the free will and choices of individuals. I would only intervene in situations where it is necessary for the greater good and to maintain balance in the world.

3. How would you handle prayers and requests if you were God?

If I were God, I would listen to all prayers and requests with compassion and understanding. However, I would also consider the bigger picture and what is best for the individual and the world as a whole. Sometimes, what we think we want may not be what is truly best for us.

4. Would you punish people for their actions if you were God?

As a just and loving God, I would not believe in punishment for the sake of punishment. I would instead focus on helping individuals learn and grow from their mistakes and make amends. However, I would also recognize the importance of consequences for one's actions.

5. How would you handle religions and different beliefs if you were God?

If I were God, I would promote understanding, acceptance, and unity among all religions and beliefs. I would encourage people to focus on the core values and principles of love, kindness, and compassion rather than getting caught up in superficial differences. Ultimately, all religions and beliefs are different paths to the same destination of a higher power or greater truth.