Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you were god

1. Aug 19, 2005 #1
    If you were god....

....and had low self-esteem, would that be blasphemy?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 19, 2005 #2
    Perhaps God attained his rather inflated ego via a process of natural selection, since all the self-hating Gods before him were required to smite themselves into oblivion. And God #1536 said "Let there be light", and there was light, but he wasn't happy with it and thought it could be much more energy-efficient, thus proving his own fallibity and disappearing inside a paradox?
  4. Aug 19, 2005 #3

Staff: Mentor

What's this "if" thing?

edit: oh, sorry, misread. I thought you meant a god.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  5. Aug 19, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know about self esteem, but I would make a taco so hot that even I couldn't eat it.
  6. Aug 19, 2005 #5
    I would just compensate for my low self-esteem by creating billions of creatures that are vastly inferior to me.
    Is that blasphemy?
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  7. Aug 19, 2005 #6
    Why would god care? If I were god and had a low self esteem I would make my penis larger, and then create numerous good looking women.

I just found another problem:

Could god create a woman so beautiful that she would be too stuck up to sleep with god?
  8. Aug 20, 2005 #7

Gold Member

You can't call yourself "God" when you have low self-esteem.
  9. Aug 20, 2005 #8

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

And you could hum along with da vinci's notebook's great hit, to be loaded down from here:
  10. Aug 21, 2005 #9

If you were god...

...and were atheist.

If you were god...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?