If you were Jesus

  • Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date

FZ+

1,550
2
Suppose a member of the PF community turns out to be the messiah in his second coming. (That includes atheists!) Suppose you have your relevation and everything... What would you do? What would you preach? Or would you do nothing?
 

N_Quire

I would doubt.
 
238
0
I would doubt myself very much too...I might even try to kill myself.

I suppose if I truely turned out to be Jesus in his second coming, first of all I would hope I would know and not "figure it out" on my own , but I would ask dad/myself/holy spirit what to do, and I would read the Bible for more direction. Then I would preach whatever I felt necessary.
 
754
0
Originally posted by FZ+
Suppose a member of the PF community turns out to be the messiah in his second coming. (That includes atheists!) Suppose you have your relevation and everything... What would you do? What would you preach? Or would you do nothing?
Wine, anyone?

Breaded fish sticks?

Care for a stroll across the Channel?

"Did you hear that voice"?!

"I don't know what all you people did, but consider yourselves forgiven."

"There's that voice again... did you hear it!?"

FZ+, seriously, I'd start a band, obviously... a really good one... expressing multiplicity in learning... we'd "do" the world... we'd take off where the beatles failed... this would be one very cool tour.
 
Last edited:

greeneagle3000

no way.

obviously, i would doupt myself.
buti guess, i will help at least some people...
 
152
0
i will not tell anyone i am a son of the god
even i think i am
 
167
1
I would start out as a magician and bamboozle the magic circle with my 'tricks'.
 

BoulderHead

Re: Re: If you were Jesus...

Originally posted by quantumcarl
FZ+, seriously, I'd start a band, obviously... a really good one... expressing multiplicity in learning... we'd "do" the world... we'd take off where the beatles failed... this would be one very cool tour.
What would be the price of admission?

If I were Jesus, hmmm, I suppose this means that God does in fact exist and that I am he, but he is greater than I, but that we are one, etc. Well, here is what I might likely preach;

“Believe not because some old manuscripts are produced, believe not because it is your national belief, believe not because you have been made to believe from your childhood, but reason truth out, and after you have analyzed it, then if you find it will do good to one and all, believe it, live up to it and help others to live up to it.” - Siddhartha Gautama (circa 563/483 BCE)
 

megashawn

Science Advisor
435
0
If I was jesus, from the bible as is depicted now days, I think the first thing I'd do is go kick dad in the nuts for being such an ass.

After that, I'd probably cruise back to earth, via the Jesus 1, and start a cult.

Heh, reminds me of a bumper sticker I seen today:

"Jesus for Governor"
 
1,476
0
Okay, I've read all these posts. I first thought was that they all are redundant. He did all of those thing the first time and least figuritively didn't he. No he did not start a musical or rock band and literally tour the world but he did form a band of followers and toured his world at the time.
To answer the question. I would, if I were Jesus having come back, tell the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth; and, prove it to all that is is the Truth so that at last we could know, really KNOW, the Truth.
 

greeneagle3000

no way

Originally posted by Royce
Okay, I've read all these posts. I first thought was that they all are redundant. He did all of those thing the first time and least figuritively didn't he. No he did not start a musical or rock band and literally tour the world but he did form a band of followers and toured his world at the time.
To answer the question. I would, if I were Jesus having come back, tell the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth; and, prove it to all that is is the Truth so that at last we could know, really KNOW, the Truth.
yeah, but what if no one believes you?
are you going to walk over water?
good luck
 

Zero

Silly answers...I'd turn water to BEER!
 

megashawn

Science Advisor
435
0
I first thought was that they all are redundant.

oh no, I reviewed this thread, and nowhere in it did anyone say they were gonna kick god in the nuts.

Does god have nuts?


j/k
 
After having "revelations", I'd check myself into an institution and demand some drugs.
 
1,596
0
Originally posted by FZ+
Suppose a member of the PF community turns out to be the messiah in his second coming. (That includes atheists!) Suppose you have your relevation and everything... What would you do? What would you preach? Or would you do nothing?
Tssssss. Don't tell anyone, but I AM the resurrection of the Messiah, but I am trying to keep it a secret, since I know what happened the first time!!!!!
 

Related Threads for: If you were Jesus

Replies
17
Views
7K
  • Posted
Replies
8
Views
2K
  • Posted
Replies
24
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
6
Views
2K
Replies
27
Views
10K
Replies
12
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
452
Replies
27
Views
3K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top