1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B IGCSE Physics Question About Fluid Pressure

1. Jan 9, 2017 #1
    Hi, very quick question... It does like this: Helium in a cylinder (Which will be used to inflate a number of balloons) has a volume of (6*10-3) cubic meters and a pressure of (2.75*106)Pa. The pressure in each of the helium balloons is (1.1*105)Pa, and the volume of each balloon (3*10^-3) cubic meters.The temperature of helium does not change. How many balloons were inflated?

-How i solved it: Pressure * Volume = Constant so.... (6.0*10^-3)*(2.75*10^6)=V2*1.1*10^5... V2= 0.15m3... Now what i did here was divide the total volume of helium at 1.1*105 by the volume of helium in each balloon and so.....0.15/3*10-3.... My answer was 50 balloons.

-Mark scheme has the following answer: (0.15-(6*10-3))/3*10-3... Can someone tell me where i went wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted